Help me settle an arguement...

ZmOz

Captain
I'm hoping you guys can help me settle an arguement.<br /><br />Ford sucks.<br />Yes or no?<br /><br />I'll leave my opinion out of this... :D

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Help me settle an arguement...

Ford sucks.<br />Yes or no?<br /><br />Only if you own one... I am a Ford Guy... but have no reason.. as to why.. Don't like Chevy/GMC. once again don't know why... but a Ford fan! Good question ????<br />Good Questin......<br />Link

Fly Rod

Commander

:) "NO" :) <br />Owned a dozen Fords and only had one small problem which was in my favor!! ;) <br /><br />Own a GMC now, only because the wifes company is owned by GMAC and got a very good discount.<br /><br />Going back to Ford next time :D

FLATHEAD

Captain

We have almost all fords in our work fleet, Not going to say they suck but the following photo of one our fords is typical of the kind of service they give us. You figure it out.<br /><br />
v9.bmp

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I know I hate to work on a GM product. It seems like they have more unfinished edges in the sheet metal that can cut and take the skin off your hide. The Chevy's I had owned seemed to always needed wrenched on. <br /><br />When it comes to dependability, Ford is my vehicle of choice. Most ambulances are Ford, there has to be a reason why. Dependability!

gaugeguy

Captain

NO, all my F-150's have treated me well (except the new one likes to eat lower ball joints).

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

TROLL!!<br /><br />No. It is Hoovers and Electroluxes that suck.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

YES! The only reason people like them is because the engineering is so simple, anyone can work on them. They can also be held together by duct tape alot easier than other vehicles.

LadyFish

Admiral

I think Ford trucks are tops, not too keen on Ford cars, vans, Fiesta's. I owned a GMC Yukon and it couldn't hold a candle to my Sequoia.<br /><br />My personal choice will always remain Toyota due to the fact they will run for 200,000 miles and their value seems to hold well because of it.

tylerin

Commander

Alot of rednecks run Fords because they can spell it :D ....Three syllables is two too many ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Like I have said before I am partial to both.<br />I have 4 chevys, 2 fords, 2 Honda CRX's, but I like my 2 diesels the best, 1 Chevy and 1 Ford.

Raghauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've had lots of luck with Fords and Chevy's... no experience with any other makes. I would buy either truck in a flash. I am very mechanically inclined and do most, if not all, maintenance myself. That said, I am anal about maintenance. I take VERY good care of my cars and trucks.<br /><br />LF, no flame intended: Toyota makes a good product, but I'll put any domestic vehicle I have owned up against Toyota for longevity and reliability. So far, I keep all my vehicles a min. of 200,000 miles. Unfortunately, domestic’s resale values suffer at the supposed notion by Consumers Reports and passed on by folks like you that Toyota/Honda are God's gift to the automotive industry. I just never experienced that, and all my foreign-vehicle driving friends sell their cars and trucks long before I do. My wife owned many jap cars until they proved to her they really were not built for the long haul.<br /> <br />GM is STILL the largest private employer in this country (only behind the government and US Postal Service). Toyota may ASSEMBLE their vehicles here, but that's not the same as building them here (eg, parts from overseas is big loss of employment). The domestics are slowly leaving to compete. Can you blame them, given the lessons we are teaching them?<br /><br />The question I ask myself... If I don't buy domestic, who will? :confused:

LadyFish

Admiral

I had a Toyota Avalon, same engine as Lexus. She was a dream car until I lost her in Tropical Storm Frances.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Just like your wife, don't take care of her and she'll definetly give you more problems than you expect, treat her right and she'll be there for you. Ride her hard and she'll break down, take care of her and she will take care of you.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Fly Rod and others who have owned lots of Fords, why? Don't they last? Or are they just too ugly to look at for any length of time?

KennyKenCan

Commander

Because there is only one way to see the USA, in a Chevrolet.<br /><br />Always had a Chevy.<br /><br />Only had 1 Ford, and it was a nightmare, so I never went back to one.<br /><br />Got over 450,000 miles out of my '76 C/20 2X4!<br /><br />And it's still on the road with the new owner!<br /><br />135,000 miles on my '94 Blazer 4X4, no problems, just maintenance.<br /><br />
fa02d5b9.jpg
<br /><br />Use to haul a 32ft camper, and truck never balked!<br /><br />Really don't have a problem with any of the 3 major manufactures of AMERICAN TRUCKS, not a fan of the imports.<br /><br />Why should I support a foriegn economy?<br /><br />Be American, support the American economy, not Japans!<br /><br />IMHO<br /><br />I also loved my 1948 Willy's Pick-Up.<br /><br />That thing could pull a house and ask for more.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

I've owned two Ford trucks, an '87 Ranger and a '99 F-150. I tow right at the maximum for the F-150 and it handles it well dispite the fact that the motor is the 4.6 and not the 5.4.<br /><br />The one Chevy I had I bought used and it was a real sad sack. I think the Chevy's prior to about '87 or so were better then the Fords but then Ford got on the ball and pulled ahead.<br />I use my truck to pull heavly loads and clearing out land. It is NOT a boulevard cruiser.<br /><br />I only buy domestic vehicles cause I like having neighbors that are employed. Helps with the economy thing. Second choice is a vehicle assembled in America. IMHO there is no third option.

JasonB

Lieutenant

"No"<br />We currently own two Ford trucks, a '92 Ranger w/150k and a '99 F-150 Lariat w/65k, one Ford car,a contour, and a boat powered bya Ford 302. Previous cars were another Countour (totaled in an accident mmy wife walked away from), a '92 Mustang witha 4cyl- Gutless but reliable and effecient. Traded it for teh contour when we started planning for kids. Previous to that we both ran Tempo's (86 and 88). The 86 was sold when I bought the F-150. It had over 170k trouble free miles. The 88 was traded when my wife wanted a sportier car (it had 130k). She bought a Chevy Cavaliera nd it was a piece of work, but reliable and effecient. Just not what she wanted so it was traded for the Mustang. All my Ford's have been relatively trouble free (and I beat the living snot out of that old '86 tempo as a teenager) and outside of me not doing the brakes right the first time on the tempo, none have ever left either of us on teh side of the road. The brake problems were my faulta nd I was able to repair enough to get home. It said a lot to me when the old Contour was crashed and the wife walked away witha bloody nose from the airbag. Not another scratch and the car bulldozed its way off a 8' drop then up a very steep bank. I'll buy my Fords (always a used one) until they let me down.<br /><br />On top of that, i have only had about $250 in repairs to the Ranger in over 10 years and I've used and abused it. Last year I un-arched the leaf springs I piled so much mulch on it. I had it a foot over the cab and she carried it the few miles home with no complaints.

WoodRust

Seaman

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />Alot of rednecks run Fords because they can spell it :D ....Three syllables is two too many ;)
Judging by the average collection of 'Knuckle-Draggers' @ a Nascar (Nascrash) race I would suspect you are wrong about this tylerin. :cool: