Help me date my glasspar!

Does anyone know of a resourse to find out what year my glasspar is? I have the serial number...

Mike

jameskb2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Help me date my glasspar!

If it's a pre '72 I think there's no Hull ID number (HIN) If it's later than that, then there should be a HIN on the starboard side upper transom. It'll be a plate or stamped or molded into the hull.

Tasha had a picture of the year and month date codes, but I can't find it....

reelfishin

Captain

I've got a 1962 Tacoma and there are no factory hull numbers, the state issued me a HIN when I titled it.

Got any pics?

Thank you guys that is all very helpful.

I'm pretty sure it is pre-72, since it used to have the pulley system style steering, but a 66 merc650 was added later I guess. It has a serial number on a metal badge inside. i will post some pics later, or you could check out another thread I posted about the restoration for pics: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=244649

Thanks again!

Mike

Ike-110722

Chief Petty Officer

I looked at the photos. It looks like the core of that transom needs replacing. I would go ask whoever gave you this boat if they have any paperwork on it. I noticed it has a CF number. The boat registration people can trace the number and tell your what year and model it is, but without a registration or bill of seale you are going to have a hard road to register this boat. Most states title boats now and to get a title you have to prove you own the boat.

But that's a long way down the road. You have a real project ahead of you.
Take some measurements. Centerline length, maximum beam, transom beam. Does it say anything besides the ser. no. on the metal plate. A pic of the plate would help. Especially if it is a BIA plate (It will say Boating Industry Association on the plate if it is a BIA plate) If there is info on the plate what does it say?

Well, the only info on the tag is "Glasspar" then the serial number.
Also, I have already chainsawed the entire transom and inner rear wall of the transom out and scraped all the old wood out with an air chisel, (By the way, that made things ALOT faster!) I will be pouring some seacast in there hopefully next week! Thanks again guys. By the brochures and pics I have narrowed it down to between a 59 and 64 Avalon.

Mike