Help! Identifying type of boat

Doninickdoesntknowboats

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 20, 2021
Messages
4
So I just bought the boat. Previous owner was calling it a somerset but I can’t find anything that looks like this. I found a old registration in the boat that says is a ranger but can’t seem to find any ranger boats that look like this! The side of the hull has a logo that says “thesomerset” and the hull id number is too worn out to read. D0F4259D-04EF-4CFD-BBFC-8EDEAB61DE6D.pngC44E94AB-7DC4-4FE1-8D7F-66295E592EC4.jpeg
 

Doninickdoesntknowboats

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 20, 2021
Messages
4
It has a murcrusiser 898 motor and out drive or at least that’s what it says. Motor looks like a 305 and the out drive looks like a mc 1
 

Doninickdoesntknowboats

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 20, 2021
Messages
4
That’s the first thing I did! The issue is I can’t find any other ranger boats that look anything like this one. It’s got an open bow with an inboard motor. Every ranger I can find is an outboard and has live wells
I’m thinking this registration was maybe from another boat and they just left it in this one?
 

dwco5051

Commander
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
2,569
I’m thinking this registration was maybe from another boat and they just left it in this one?
Right on. Note the registration code also shows outboard on the paper work. Ranger did for a short time make I/O bass boats but they didn't sell well. I have only seen one once up in my neck of the woods. People who own bass boats normally fish right up to when the lake is froze over and did not want to have to winterize after every late fall trip.
 

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
53,209
big red flag when the paperwork doesnt match the boat
 
Top