Help identify this boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcbenson01

Recruit
Hey everyone. I recently purchased this boat and after researching I believe it is a 1958 McKenzie Cherokee. (Title shows “16’ 1858 Cher”). I’m kind of falling in love with it. I also found a 1958 evinrude for sale locally but the seller is impossible to deal with. I was hoping to get it and have an era correct OB.

Every Cherokee I see online has a windshield. Kinda bummed if it had been removed. But I’ll still enjoy it.

Attachments

• photo327577.jpg
    photo327577.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 13

papahoward

Recruit
Hey everyone. I recently purchased this boat and after researching I believe it is a 1958 McKenzie Cherokee. (Title shows “16’ 1858 Cher”). I’m kind of falling in love with it. I also found a 1958 evinrude for sale locally but the seller is impossible to deal with. I was hoping to get it and have an era correct OB.

Every Cherokee I see online has a windshield. Kinda bummed if it had been removed. But I’ll still enjoy it.
I have a 1959 McKenzie Cherokee. The company is from McKenzie TN and is no longer in business. Yours appears to be the same hull. Mine has the windshield and has the original 35hp Gale engine that I have since upgraded to a 66 Johnson 40hp. It's fun to run. It was a good bit of work restoring. I have a local contact that could be a good source for a vintage motor.

Attachments

• DSC_4415.JPG
    DSC_4415.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.