Help identify my boat!

paulGabriel

Recruit
I've recently acquired this boat from my father. He bought a piece of land from his neighbor, and this boat was parked there, he doesn't care for boating or fishing so asked if I'd like it. I'm brand new to the world of boating, and thought it could be an awesome project for me to restore it and take my kids out on weekends for some light fishing.

Problem is we have no idea what it is, besides a Seaswirl. Any help identifying this craft will be greatly appreciated, as I assume I'll be needing to order several parts for it!

Also hoping to get some opinions on if it looks like something that's worth restoring, or if it's better destined for the wrecker.

Attachments

• boat.jpeg
    boat.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
first, welcome aboard

second, without proper paperwork, you may simply have a yard planter. before you even think of spending money on the boat, it would have to be in your name.

the boat appears to have been sitting outside, the seats are shot, and my guess the transom, stringers and floor are also shot

the motor may be salvageable or it may be toast.

Free boats are often the most expensive boats you can get (because to get them to usable and safe status means spending more money than a good running boat)