HELP!!! Am I having a problem w/ Gas MPG ??? (6gal 25mins)

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: HELP!!! Am I having a problem w/ Gas MPG ??? (6gal 25mins)

rustierjeeps - Welcome and plenty of advice is waiting for you. You need to start a new thread as butteco started this with his fuel consumption issue. Kinda hard on folks to switch subjects in one thread so best start one of your own.

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

butteco<br /><br />I had a 1977 85 HP on my 18 ft. cutty cabin, which was quite thristy, like yours. I just made sure I had 100 miles worth of gas for my 75 mile trips. The performance was worth the expense.<br /><br />I now have a 1988 100 HP Commerical on this boat, which goes further and faster on the same or less amount of gas. Now I"m getting my money's worth!!<br /><br />Those 85's are just about bullet proof though.<br /><br /> ...Bob in Calif...

phatmanmike

Captain

hey butt... remember, its more in the hull than it is in the engine.<br /><br />i have a 20 foot center console with a pad bottom and VERY mild deadrise, maybe 12 degrees, and a 1991 225hp evinrude looper on a sea drive bracket, 24" back and 2 inches up,4 blade stainless 19p prop, 5800 rpm WOT and i can get 52 mph and used 14 gallons on my last trip of about 55miles, for a full day of cruising with some starting, idleing, cruising, and WOT all thrown in.<br /><br />22 miles out, 22 miles back, and 6 hours of cruising around while we were there<br /><br />oh yeah, i also have smart tabs. i suggest you get a pair. they make a HUGE difference. i just got them here, at iboats, last week.<br /><br />setback for engine, engine height, prop, trim tabs and a clean/smooth hull will make ALL the difference in the world