Help again

bstump13

Cadet

bstump13

Cadet
Re: Help again

ok. I am certain it is a super sport.
I'm not sure if the transom has been replaced.. It seems very sturdy. I was standing on it and pulling...Shouold the 60 hp that weighs 270 with power tilt and trim be fine? It is a tiller model.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Shouold the 60 hp that weighs 270 with power tilt and trim be fine?

Hey stump, I'd venture to say you have the best angle to evaluate that transom. I'm sitting so far away to see a darn thing!;)

Post up some photos or video of what you have there eh. Take the transom cap off and check the condition under there. How about down low in the corners?

Many times a transom will look/feel good on the surface but be mush in other spots.

InMotion

Commander

Hey Stump,

If in doubt, just replace it... it really isn't that bad of a job to replace. IMO --- why risk either damaging the transom/splashwell further or worse!

Photo's would be great though...
Jim

bstump13

Cadet

Hey stump, I'd venture to say you have the best angle to evaluate that transom. I'm sitting so far away to see a darn thing!;)

Post up some photos or video of what you have there eh. Take the transom cap off and check the condition under there. How about down low in the corners?

Many times a transom will look/feel good on the surface but be mush in other spots.

I guess that is what i am really asking... Where to check for rot! I will get to work looking tomorrow!

corners and remove cap and poke around

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

If we're going to id this boat we need some more info and pics.

How long is it?
How wide?
Original paint or not?
Any ID plate anywhere on the boat.
What does the registration say?

I think transom's rot out from the bottom mostly. You need to find a way to take a core sample from there.

Once we ID the boat we can find the max horsepower. Go big on the hp if you can.

Don