Hello again!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Wow, can't believe it has been so long. Looks like 6 years!! Yikes.
Back then about that time I had a life changing event that led to a triple bypass. Long recovery and a fear of being on the boat by myself as I would always do. Because of the heart disease it caused a couple changes in jobs and then a forced early retirement.

The Alumacraft Classic had gone to my son yet the Sea Nymph is still in the garage waiting patiently to be completed or sold. Though all is not lost as 2 years ago the wife and I have started Kayaking. Amazing part, I cam paddle nonstop for hours but have great difficulty walking 3 blocks.

Time to catch-up!!

FunInDuhSun

Chief Petty Officer
Glad to see another iboater that has discovered kayaking. For me, it was about 22 years ago when we had a 23’ cuddy boat. That 9’ kayak fit right in the cabin with the door shut! Loved to anchor somewhere, launch the ‘yak and explore the skinny water where NOBODY else went. Found some great fishing spots, not to mention the fabulous wildlife.
20 years ago I joined a regional kayaking group to learn how to be safe, and learned a lot of pertinent info. I bought and sold a few composite kayaks, and still paddle with my new friends almost weekly in season.
We now keep 2 kayaks on our 34 footer- a 16’ sea kayak and the 9’ rec kayak. The big boat is often used as a mobile ‘home base’ for long weekends, anchoring out somewhere isolated and paddling 20+ miles in a day. Love it!!IMG_0583.jpeg

Last edited:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Thanks everyone for the welcome back. I surely miss those days when I was working 3rd shift and getting home at 7am and being on the water fishing by 7:30. 2 hrs of nice quiet time before the tow boaters came out. There was always that one guy that just loved to buzz and harass me. He's come flying by waving and acting like he was putting on a show just for me.