Helen Thomas is vowing to 'kill herself'

eeboater

Commander
Veteran wire reporter Helen Thomas is vowing to 'kill herself' if **** Cheney announces he is running for president.<br /><br />The newspaper HILL first reported the startling claim on Thursday.<br /><br />MORE<br /><br />"The day **** Cheney is going to run for president, I'll kill myself," she told the HILL. "All we need is one more liar."<br /><br />Thomas added, "I think he'd like to run, but it would be a sad day for the country if he does."<br /><br />MORE
We can only hope.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: Helen Thomas is vowing to 'kill herself'

Gee! thats some pretty tough talk from an old bird :eek: ... :D :D

D

DJ

Just goes to show you how dimented she is. VP Cheney has NO designs on running.<br /><br />If you've ever listened to her, you'd know, she's a "certified/card carrying" whacko!<br /><br />She is the "perfect storm" when it comes to PC/hands off political speak.<br /><br />Nobody (in the press corps.) has the stones to approach her and tell her that she has passed her prime. That, to me is telling, of the rest of them. They're willing to let that woman continue to make a fool of herself, well into oblivion. <br /><br />At the same time, her ego, keeps her going.<br /><br />That is: Sad, sad, sad.

TilliamWe

Banned

I hope he declares just so she does herself in!<br /><br />But seriously, why would she say something so dumb?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by TilliamWe:<br /> I hope he declares just so she does herself in!<br /><br />But seriously, why would she say something so dumb?
It's the liberal way Till. Create a crisis where none exists. It's just another method to vilifiy the current administration. She does not really believe that Cheney would run. So you have to ask yourself, what is her motive for bringing up the possibility?

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Being the kind caring person I am, maybe there is a way I can help.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

So who cares?

NYMINUTE

Captain

I have to feel for poor old ****.

Twidget

Commander

Till, its sort of like all the Hollyweird types that were going to leave the country if Bush won in 2000.

horseradish

Recruit

I just wish the VP would take a minute and declare for the Office. Call her bluff and give here 10 minutes to deliver!

QC

Supreme Mariner

I had to sit and hold my tongue while my mom told Mrs. QC and me how "cool" Helen Thomas is. I'll save the fight for something worthwhile, but at the time I couldn't decide whether to let my mother bait me or simply burst out laughing . . . Jeez. The things we do for peace in the family.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> Till, its sort of like all the Hollyweird types that were going to leave the country if Bush won in 2000.
LMAO!!!!!

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br /> I had to sit and hold my tongue while my mom told Mrs. QC and me how "cool" Helen Thomas is. I'll save the fight for something worthwhile, but at the time I couldn't decide whether to let my mother bait me or simply burst out laughing . . . Jeez. The things we do for peace in the family.
BTDT so many times.. (with my inlaws) my MIL will bait me in fun (and I do the same with her) but she actually scares Mr.Link when I'm not there with her pure hate. Glad I dont have to see that side of her :eek: :eek:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Link,<br /><br />My mom is extremely liberal. I'm kinda the black sheep conservative. It drives me crazy as she is very smart and she taught me many of the principles that I live by, but she just can't get off her soapbox long enough to listen to any altering views. I learned (actually by watching her) that many staunch liberals truly believe they're smarter than the rest of us. It is the only way that they can justify closing their minds to everything. "I've got it all figured out, so why even waste my time listening".

rolmops

Vice Admiral

We all say grossly exaggerated things some of the time ,just to get our opinions across.She is no different from any other person.<br />It probably went like this:"Do you think Cheney will run for President?" and she answered:"I really do not think he will,but if did he it would be so bad that I would kill myself ". And as she said it she and the other person talking to her both new that she did not mean it literally.<br />Although admittedly,it is nice stuff to make noise with.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

With statements like that I'm amazed that she's still allowed to be in the WH Press Room.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) BYE!! BYE!! HELEN THOMAS!!!!!! ;) :cool:

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Just another open minded reporter. Even handed and not a bias bone in her body. There is no liberal press. <br /><br />Hey Helen pass the kool-aid to Jonny Depp and Alec Baldwin.