Heavy Metal

magster65

Commander
Alright metalheads, who's the king?<br />Metallica?<br />Rob Halford?<br />Pantera?<br />Gwar? :) ah haha... kiddin'<br />These are my top 3, what's yours?<br /><br />I'm curious to see how many 'metal' fans are here...

ndemge

Commander
Re: Heavy Metal

Mild steel is best, but stainless has a nice shine to it, just harder to weld.

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Definately none of the 80's hair bands!

ndemge

Commander

...but to stay with the topic and not COMPLETELY hijack,,,, I'm really not into metal, like jazz ... but of what's out there, I like Megadeath<br /><br /><br />I know.... a Trumpet playing Deathead.... whoda thunkit

JasonB

Lieutenant

Metallica, ahhhh...the days of watching Headbanger's Ballin the late 80's-early 90's<br /><br />Savatage is good too.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I am a true metalhead.....played in metal bands for 17+ yrs and I have seen 100s of shows ........really would be hard for me to say who the kings would be because of how metal is so split up between different styles of metal (I know to some of you its hard to believe there is more then one metal style) Metallica is the Led Zepplin of my age..........Savatage is one of my Fav. bands. Pantera are legends "RIP Dimebag". Too many to judge......Metalicca has brought metal to the masses so I guess if I had to say one, its them, though Im not into them.

Twidget

Commander

Judas Priest and Kiss are my old school favorites.

Link

Rear Admiral

None of the above.. havent even heard of them...<br />I'm going back under my rock. ;)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Led Zeppelin was metal before ya'll knew what metal was...<br />Black Sabbath..<br />Pat Boone, ROCKS!..
33.gif

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I know most of these might not be considered "metal", but I grew up as a teenager in the 80s:<br /><br />- some Ozzy Osbourne songs<br />- some Iron Maiden songs<br />- most Stryper songs<br />- Scorpions<br />- a few Motley Crue<br />- Def Leopard<br />- Twisted Sister<br />- Van Halen

Homerr

Commander

OZZYY!!!<br />Led Zeppplin<br />Iron Maiden<br /><br />Metallica... I like some.<br />Black Sabath... Some<br /><br />Motorhead...lol. Aren't you suppose to be stoned on something before you listen to these guys? LOL!<br /><br /><br />AS far as hair bands...<br /><br />Van Halen (NOT Van Hagar)<br />Motley Crue<br />Dead Leppard<br />Warrant<br />Scorpions<br /><br /><br />All time worst?<br /><br />Quiet Riot (What a joke..imo)<br /><br /><br />Is anyone going to Ozzfest 2005?<br />I'm going try and catch their tour in California.<br /><br /><br />H.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Metallica<br />Iron Maiden<br />White Zombie (rules)

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

Metallica<br />Slayer<br />Black Sabbath<br />Those three from the mainstream old school<br /><br />New school<br />KoRn<br />Deftones<br />Coal Chamber<br /><br />More "underground"<br />Samhain<br />Walls Of Jericho<br />Soulfly<br /><br />Worst is anything from the 80's hair metal scene, although many were talented musicians, the scene was just to reliant on studio production.