Headed for Hurricane zone

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I wondered how I could help with hurricane relief. One thing I have is hay (the name really means something). I told a friend who has some connections that I'd be willing to take down 100 bales of hay, if it was needed. Turned out they really need it. Displaced large animals are actually starving. I'm taking 100+ bales of hay and 40 bags of feed donated by the local farm co-op on Monday. Would have left already, but I couldn't get the feed until Monday.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Headed for Hurricane zone

Way to go!!<br />Safe travels to you.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hayhauler<br /> while your down there look up a gal named Kim or Shirley Mineshew.<br /> she works with IFAW and HSUS. both great animal rescure organizations. I am a team member with IFAW.<br /> I have not had any contact with them this time but ill see what I can find<br />good luck and take some dog and cat food as well. after the floyd floods I spent 11 days paddling around princevilleNC and we had enough of everything but animal food.<br /> code 3 out of oregon is probabbly there with their tractor trailer that is converted to a mobile vet clinic.<br />good luck and be careful. its terrible after a storm like that.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hayhauler.<br /> another thing is take plenty of water and deep woods off. man they were priceless:) :) seems all that standing water really gave the biting bugs a boost.also water moccosins were a bit of a problem. seems the waters displaced them and we found them all over in odd places.<br /> the utter devestation will bother you for years. but go and help. man if you have never seen or helped care for a horse that has stood 10 days in water its just terrible. I also got tired of counting dead dog bodies still on a chain outback. its nasty hot hard work but I would not have traded it for anything.good luck and try to contact Kim or Shirley. HSUS or IFAW should be able to help

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

God Bless you! <br />You da man!!
emthup.gif
emthup.gif
<br /> This is what we all need to be doing (that is-what we can, and by repetition, do best).<br />I'm driven to add an observation...This horrific desaster has brought-out the best and worst of human responses. WE have entrepenuers who came to take advantage of the suffering---and the Heyhualers, who come to ease it! God bless you again,sir!<br />There are buisnesses who have shut-down production---not from storm-related damage, but to offer the use of thier trucks and heavy equipment to assist in cleanup! Then, there are those who snatch generators in the parking lot of Lowes' or Home Depot from the purchasers. We need you, Heyhualer, to ease the suffering, and to outnumber the tyrants!
emthup.gif

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Godspeed, Hauler. :) <br /><br />People understand why they are in trouble and how it happened.<br /><br />Critters don't.

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks, guys, for the good words and good advice. I'm glad I can do something to help. If I can help people by helping their critters that's OK with me. The lady from the kennel club told me that so many people had responded with cat and dog food that they were in good shape there, but that they were having serious problems feeding the large animals.<br /><br />Like I say. I'm glad I can help in some way. A couple of churches are helping with expense money. It costs almost as much to take this much stuff down there as the stuff itself cost.<br /><br />I hope we alleviate some suffering.