Look around...
No boats nearby...
Take off your pants...
Jump in the water...
Do your bizness...
Climb back in...
Put your pants back on...
Problem solved.

(just thought I would add a little levity here)
I'm assuming all the water is to cold (shrinkage and all) :rolleyes:
Us guys hang it over the side, it's only used by the ladies when water is cold

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Look around...
No boats nearby...
Take off your pants...
Jump in the water...
Do your bizness...
Climb back in...
Put your pants back on...
Problem solved.

(just thought I would add a little levity here)
Haha yeah, that has been my method for over a decade of boating but now I have a head I have had a few people express to me it will be nice to not have to hop in the water. I am just seeing if it is easy enough to deal with that I will cave in and accept it or if I will have to stick to a lie of it being broken and not sure if it is cheap enough to fix. I have already started that lie a bit by saying I am unsure of the condition of the head and holding tank. Mostly true since I didn't inspect it when I bought it due to the protective wrap from the factory still being on it.

My very recent ex plainly put it that she would not go out on the boat with me unless the head was available for use or I could get to shore with a washroom in a "reasonable" amount of time. Which based on her other versions of "reasonable" I would guess maybe 5 minutes at most.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
... she would not go out on the boat with me unless the head was available for use or I could get to shore with a washroom in a "reasonable" amount of time. Which based on her other versions of "reasonable" I would guess maybe 5 minutes at most.
well, there ya have it

now that the Admiral and I have a boat in the fleet with a head, she gets dibs. on our boat, any lady out boating gets dibs, but that's the Captain's decision (or not)

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I guess I was wrong in my assumption. I assumed you were talking about #2.

If #1 is the issue, then it isn't an issue at all. They make portable potty containers, including an adapter (funnel) for the ladies. Fold down the bimini and there's the privacy curtain.

For us guys, the phrase is: "I have to go back and check the motor".

I had a boat before I had a girlfiend, and even before I had a car. Potty problems and they didn't get a second date.

SkaterRace

I guess I was wrong in my assumption. I assumed you were talking about #2.

If #1 is the issue, then it isn't an issue at all. They make portable potty containers, including an adapter (funnel) for the ladies. Fold down the bimini and there's the privacy curtain.

For us guys, the phrase is: "I have to go back and check the motor".

I had a boat before I had a girlfiend, and even before I had a car. Potty problems and they didn't get a second date.
Yeah seemed like such a stupid issue to try and cause issues over. I would love to bring girls on my boat for a first date but for a few reasons, I think that is out til I get comfortable with the boat by myself.

I gave out my normal suggestion of hop in the water and my buddy agreed with me, he makes everyone hop overboard in a bay out of the way of boat traffic.

My head still has the plastic on it that comes from the factory so I think I might leave it on it and tell everyone that it is broken and that is there to prevent people from using it. Cool feature to have a head on board for long cruises but the tiny holding tank and PITA/cost to pump out make it not worth it to me.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I would love to bring girls on my boat for a first date but for a few reasons, I think that is out til I get comfortable with the boat by myself.

I gave out my normal suggestion of hop in the water and my buddy agreed with me, he makes everyone hop overboard in a bay out of the way of boat traffic.
I have a small half gallon can in the boat. It has been there for eons. My first USCG safety check failed because I had no "bailing device". The officer gave me the can and then passed me for the sticker.

If the water was too cold to jump in, the can worked. All I had to do was turn the other way and never had a girlfriend complain.

Also eons ago I took a cute young thang out on our first date. Next year we celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary.

A lot of todo over nothing.

docmirror

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lemme ask a few questions. For this boat, it's gonna be a Thetford or Dometic, or Camco, or similar porta-potti with pump out feature. Do you find a location near the head and locate a through fitting with "WASTE" that unscrews? Like a "GAS" fitting but it'll say waste and be a bit larger? If yes, then you do have a pump out system. The porta-potti is usually only good for two people for one or maybe two day/nights. But, on your boat, not going to be overnighting too much anyway, so day use. It'll support that. Most guys use the 'I pee freely' over the side, so that helps extend boating time.

As for pumping out, some folks in the same situation don't want to mess with the pump out, and they take the kit off(it's a separate valve and plumbing) and go back to manual removal and dump. The potti should have two separate halves that have a couple snaps allowing it to separate. you can leave the top part on the boat and just add some water and biocide, and remove the bottom part with waste to dump in your toilet. yuch.

Look again at the front or side of the lower unit, you might see a little round or square recess window. Inside the window will be a green background flag. That's the level indicator. it goes from green to yellow, to red when half and then full. Pump it, or manually drain it before it gets too far red.

They have a 2.5 gallon style and a 5 gallon style. I had a 26ft cuddy with the 5 gal and I hated taking 5 gal of waste off the boat, and trying to dump it in the marina toilet. It was a messy, smelly, disgusting job. So, I added the pump out kit, and was happy to pay $10 for a quick pump out at the gas/dump dock. But, that's me.

Last word of caution. If you get caught dumping black water waste over the side in closed waters, or just offshore it's a massive fine.

SkaterRace

Lemme ask a few questions. For this boat, it's gonna be a Thetford or Dometic, or Camco, or similar porta-potti with pump out feature. Do you find a location near the head and locate a through fitting with "WASTE" that unscrews? Like a "GAS" fitting but it'll say waste and be a bit larger? If yes, then you do have a pump out system. The porta-potti is usually only good for two people for one or maybe two day/nights. But, on your boat, not going to be overnighting too much anyway, so day use. It'll support that. Most guys use the 'I pee freely' over the side, so that helps extend boating time.

As for pumping out, some folks in the same situation don't want to mess with the pump out, and they take the kit off(it's a separate valve and plumbing) and go back to manual removal and dump. The potti should have two separate halves that have a couple snaps allowing it to separate. you can leave the top part on the boat and just add some water and biocide, and remove the bottom part with waste to dump in your toilet. yuch.

Look again at the front or side of the lower unit, you might see a little round or square recess window. Inside the window will be a green background flag. That's the level indicator. it goes from green to yellow, to red when half and then full. Pump it, or manually drain it before it gets too far red.

They have a 2.5 gallon style and a 5 gallon style. I had a 26ft cuddy with the 5 gal and I hated taking 5 gal of waste off the boat, and trying to dump it in the marina toilet. It was a messy, smelly, disgusting job. So, I added the pump out kit, and was happy to pay $10 for a quick pump out at the gas/dump dock. But, that's me.

Last word of caution. If you get caught dumping black water waste over the side in closed waters, or just offshore it's a massive fine.
So my boat IIRC actually has a pump out on the port gunnel not down in the head. I will check for a level window but the more I think about it the more I just want to tell people to f off and go off the side of the boat like we all have for a long time and anyone new will just get told it's broken and too expensive to fix.

docmirror

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So my boat IIRC actually has a pump out on the port gunnel not down in the head. I will check for a level window but the more I think about it the more I just want to tell people to f off and go off the side of the boat like we all have for a long time and anyone new will just get told it's broken and too expensive to fix.
Works for me. The waste fitting was found, and you can use it if you choose, but not using it is just as good. I used to run around in closed waters and had the only potti around. I didn't offer and told people it wasn't for public use, but it sure made the women folk happy when I took them for day trips. Like I said, if pump out is a concern you can disconnect the hose to the pump out fitting on the back or side of the tank, and lift the black water tank out of the boat. Carrying 60Lbs of waste was not my favorite job after boating, but wife and daughter were happy enough to go make another sammich and gimme a beer.

wheller

Recruit
Connect the tank to the cleanout or access port using a sewer hose for waste disposal. Be cautious not to overload when emptying.