head gasket

cfloat

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
2
I am going to puy a new head gasket in my older Chrysler Magna 120. Does anyone know the torque specks, and athing that I should watch out for when I do it. THANKS
 

Reel-Fun

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
95
Re: head gasket

Buy a Clymer manual!!! best 35$ you'll ever spend...
 

cfloat

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
2
Re: head gasket

NumbaONE said:
Buy a Clymer manual!!! best 35$ you'll ever spend...
I
would like to buy a manual. Is there any one that is better than the other? Do they still make them for motors that old?
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: head gasket

clymer is good and will cover that motor. Chryslercrew.net also sells factory downloadable manuals. Cylinder head bolts are 225 inch pounds however they need to be torqued in the correct order. This order is hard to describe however you start in the middle and work out. Last bolt to tighten is the upper right bolt. There are 18 total bolts.
 
Top