Have ya ever had one of those days?...

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Here I am trying my dangest to make a day to go fishing with Aspeck.. We had it planed for tomorrow (tuesday).. <br /><br />I've been doing all the prepration getting ready for about a week... I went to Juno pier and fished for bait twice.. Made sure the tackle boxes were fully stocked, and rods rigged & ready, loaded up on drinks and ice, and I was planning on washing the boat and fueling her up this evening....<br /><br />Untill......... :( <br /><br />Thinking ahead, I decided to take a run out this afternoon/evening to check out Boynton inlet, becasue I never ran thru it before, plus I was trying to save Aspeck and crew from having to fight I-95 traffic from Ft. Lauderdale where they are vacationing all the way to Juno Beach where I like to fish........ Also wanted to mark some spots down south because I had not fished in the area much...<br /><br />All was going good.. Made the run out thru boynton inlet, a little sketchey but no real problem.. Marked some spots, saw big a turtle, then turned around for the return trip and started back... <br /><br />Just as I start my approach for the inlet (once you're lined up, you're commited to running it), I start getting a vibration in the running gear, and it's getting progressively worse.. Got clear of the current, checked everything out... Seems ok, maybe I just picked up some weeds or?.... Nope, prop's clear... I take off, but now the trans seems like it's slipping a little.. oh great.... :( Vibration + slipping = BAD..<br /><br />Stop again.. Fluid checks out ok, not blowing any out the vent... Turned the shaft by hand a few times.. Ok there... Maybe it was just my imigination. :) .. Idled along a bit then took of again and just as she got up and going, the motor fully unloads and she goes dead in the water.. Oh ****... :eek: :( At this point, knowing how Aspeck, his crew, and myself are looking forward to a day of fishing, I dunno if I want to cry or scream, or whip out a chainsaw and go too town... :mad: <br /><br />Not wanting to make it any worse, and thanking my luckey stars that I'm able to at least have power at idle, I putt-putted my way back to the ramp... Thankfully, I avoided the sea/tow bill today... <br /><br />Art called this evening just as I was putting the boat away, and I had to break the bad news to him... Can't put into words how rotten I feel... :( <br /><br />All in all, maybe it's a good thing that it broke today, instead of when I have a boat-load of Aspecks out on a hot summer day...<br /><br />Now I'm on a mission!..... I'll get The Aspeck crew out on the big pond for a day of fishing one way, or another..... :)

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Have ya ever had one of those days?...

Man, hate to hear that snapper. :( <br /><br /><br />Ive had boats do that to me on more than one occassion. Its like my boat knows just how and when to pi$$ me off the most. :rolleyes:

aspeck

Staff member

Reel Poor, YOU hate to hear it?!? My nephew perty near cried hisself to sleep tonight! (Not really, but thought a little drama might add to the situation - I know, I am bad!)<br /><br />The aspeck clan sure has appreciated snapper's persistance, even in the face of a naughty tranny. We are just hoping there are not too many $ in the fix for poor ole snapper.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Hey Art, you're on one of those fancy revival trips like Tammy Faye Baker used to do right? :eek: <br />So why not just use some collection plate funds to order up a new trans for snapper? You all new that trans to get to the revival meeting which is out there on the water, right? LOL <br /> :D

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

i hate to say it but mabe a rental for the day.

aspeck

Staff member

roscoe, you are BAD! And no, I don't have big enough hair for that!

LadyFish

Admiral

:( Sorry to hear about your dilemma Snap. I will keep my fingers crossed that things work out so you can get some fishing time in together.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> roscoe, you are BAD! And no, I don't have big enough hair for that!
Jim didn't either. :p

sangerwaker

Commander

Bummer, Snapper. Murphy's Law in action. Timing couldn't be worse. Your luck sounds as bad as mine. Good luck on getting her fixed up ASAP.