FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
JUST BOUGHT A RUNNING V6...SERIAL NO. J0584588..,,,, model E23 -----00R ..SOME WORN OFF.COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO TELL WHAT YEAR AND HP IT IS SO I CAN DO SOME REPAIRS...
Robbie.... The beginning of that model number would indicate that your V/6 engine is a 235hp model. However, we need the rest of that model number to reveal the year. Look on the block for a small quarter sized core plug (looks like a small freeze out plug) which would also have the model number on it (hopefully).<br /><br />It would most likely be located on top of the block near the port (left) cylinder head gasket area.
HEY JOE...<br /><br />I GOT THE NUMBER OFF BOTH SIDES....BUT I THINK IT'S A NEW POWER HEAD.....<br /><br />PORT FREEZE PLUG READS; RPH 0432160 ...<br /><br />STBD PLUG READS; 397080<br /><br />TOOK ANOTHER LOOK AT THE WORN PLATE... I THINK THE LAST THREE DIGITS ARE COR.....OR 60R ...ANY HELP THERE...?<br /><br />IF YOU PREFER YOU MAY USE MY EAMAIL <br />robonbeach@hotmail.com<br /><br />THANKS ..... ROBBIE.<br /><br />PS I LIVE NOT TOO FAR FROM THE OMC TEST CENTER HERE IN STUART....
Robbie.... The "CO" within the model number would indicate that the engine is a 1985, sooooooo I would assume that you have a 1985 235hp Johnson engine.