Have been waiting for someone to post this, So I did

Link

Rear Admiral
Busted by Dave Abrahamson & Snopes.com <br />Thanks Dave<br /><br />I'm just so impressed how someone could see a eagle in a chopper and do this! <br />Going to leave the text in as other will recieve this and know it for what it is and just enjoy it for the talent of the artist.<br />End of edit<br />*****************************<br /><br />Got this as a email several days ago. <br /><br />I will have to hand type in the words<br />-----------------------------------<br /><br /><br />Awesome Paint Job! <br />Check out what some of our boys overseas did to their helicopter. <br /><br />The story is: this very special Mi-24 helicopter is presently flying in Afghanistan, where it is no doubt causing quite a stir. God Bless the U.S.A.<br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br /><br />GOD BLESS AMERICA

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Have been waiting for someone to post this, So I did

Very cool! Yep, that's very cool!!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

What artists! What a target! Boy, they'd love to knock that one down.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I'd love for bin-Laden to see that swooping down out of the sky with talons outstretched (guns blazing) and land on top of him!<br /><br /><br />-dd-

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Now that is the "Great American Eagle"!

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> What artists! What a target! Boy, they'd love to knock that one down.
Yes I agree.. and durig the cold war when I served this wss a no no.. but during a time of war this is excepted... as you said "What a Great Artist! I agree.. This is just too great!<br /><br />I thought since I recieved this a week ago that someone else would have posted it here on IBOATS..<br /><br /> :confused:

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Awsome looking bird, but I'm afraid it'd be quite a prize for their propaganda if they shoot it down, making it a high priority target. May GOOD FORTUNE be the crew's best friend.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Real photo, innacurate description, sorry to be a bubble burster.<br /><br />Common as it may be to assume that any neat-o piece of military hardware must be American — especially when it's painted to look like the same type of bird that serves as the U.S. national symbol — the helicopter shown here is not American, nor has it been used by U.S. forces in Afghanistan or Iraq. <br /><br />The type of helicopter shown in these images is the Mi-24 Hind; the unusually-decorated version pictured here belonged to the Hungarian Air Force and was evidently painted with the eagle design by one of its crew members. The craft was not used in military operations and carried no armaments; it was strictly a display vehicle exhibited at air shows and the like. As far as we have been able to determine, the helicopter has since been decommissioned and no longer exists.[snopes.com] <br /><br />Dave

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /> Real photo, innacurate description, sorry to be a bubble burster.<br />Dave
AWWWWWW! you mean not everthing I see on the internet is true??? :confused: <br /><br />One more thing to throw in the "Urban Legends" file.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

The artist is very good. Look at the details. Even the helicopter is decommission, I would say the artist did a termendous job in airbrushing the eagle onto that MI-24 Hind.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Thank you Dave for clearing that up. Not American?<br />That's okay. Still a cool looking bird. That artist is very talented.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Bassy:<br /> Thank you Dave for clearing that up. Not American?<br />That's okay. Still a cool looking bird. That artist is very talented.
Same here Dave<br /><br />No Bubbles busted here :) But I have looked at this chopper a dozen times and there is no way in the world I could have figured out how to paint it to look like that! I'll do a quick edit and put in busted by Dave and snopes.com<br /><br />Most art is wasted on me but somethig like this just blows me away!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I Saw these photos way before the Cole was atacked.<br />I can't remember where. It is right pretty tho.

Skinnywater

Commander

I can't believe they got a bird of that size to stay still long enough to stick a set of rotors on its back.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

did you see the pics of the brown bear on snopes?/...way big!!

f_inscreenname

Commander

They should use that for boarder patrol. Drug dealer would flip out when they saw that coming at them.