have a 88 2.3L omc,with water in oil,plz help

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: have a 88 2.3L omc,with water in oil,plz help

ok if i plug off all these hoses going to the front of the engine but one,lets call it the thermostat housing,, and blow air in there,the exhaust manifold bolts right to the head aint the air just going to go out the exhaust,or out the carburetor from the intake..

Nope. There's no path from the cooling system to the intake manifold......except the cooling-water passages in the intake manifold to each head.

j4gwig

Cadet

:D took the boat out today run up and down the river about 1/2 hr, run ok with no water in oil,yeah,yeah,,I am still having a idle problem,and them to front motor mount bolts are worrying me,shouldn't they have the same amount of treads on the top,one has 10 treads on top and the other has 2,could that be causing the boat to be hard to steer and making a slight noise in the back of the boat even when not in gear,is there any way i can adjust them without pulling the whole back off..

j4gwig

Cadet

by the way the pic.is my blind pug,his name is frido,aint he the ugliest dog you ever seen,but he is a good boy,loves boat rides,,finally found a dog that wont leave the yard,well he did once and got lost 3 houses down ,lol,

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

:D took the boat out today run up and down the river about 1/2 hr, run ok with no water in oil,yeah,yeah,,I am still having a idle problem,and them to front motor mount bolts are worrying me,shouldn't they have the same amount of treads on the top,one has 10 treads on top and the other has 2,could that be causing the boat to be hard to steer and making a slight noise in the back of the boat even when not in gear,is there any way i can adjust them without pulling the whole back off..

Maybe you have lucked out. A little time will tell.

If you think you have an alignment problem, and you have not checked it in the not-too-recent past, You should remove the drive and check it.

If your alignment is "off", you'll eventually destroy the coupler.

That will strand you someplace and when you get back, you'll be pulling the engine to fix it.

Engine alignment checks are one of the yearly maintenance items in Mercruiser manuals.

The coupler for a Cobra is functionally identical to a Mercruiser.

j4gwig

Cadet

is that hard to check,could you plz tell me how to do it,,

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

is that hard to check,could you plz tell me how to do it,,

The message "Stickys" above should have some info in there on doing it. There's a multitude of people that have done it here on iBoats and there's U-Tube videos on it.

#1. Get yourself an OEM OMC service manual for your boat then buy an alignment tool. They're anywhere from $30+ on ebay.