Has Rush finally flipped?

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant
I think Rush has lost it. Yesterday Rush flipped out on his show and dared the FCC to fine him for saying the exact same thing that got another DJ's fined for saying. People talk about Stern comments and he gets fined for far less ,the FCC should do it. Today the good part the show today was about shooting cats, Whats up Rush? His show is getting a little to much and should be toned down there is a lot of small kids out and about at that time of day.........

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Has Rush finally flipped?

Obviously you missed the cat shooting thread here a while back.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

ask me, Rush hasn't been the same since 1988 when they released Moving Pictures...oh wait...sorry...never mind...

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

1981, Jtexas.. ;) 1981.... <br /><br />Grace under pressure was pretty good...

PW2

Commander

You know, I've been able to listen to Rush the last couple of days, and I've wondered if he's back to eating oxy-contins like M&M's again.<br /><br />The cat thing was sort of confusing and non sensical, but what else is new with Rush...what really cracks me up is his constant babbling on about how unfair the media is, where apparently not complying with his wildly partisan spin is clearly evidence of media bias, and then inevitably his show will break into promos for his newsletter or something with slanderous slams on the usual suspects (Bill and Hillary, Daschle, McCauliffe, et al.)<br /><br />Doesn't this tired old formula wear a bit thin after all these years for you folks on the right?<br /><br />I know it is just an entertainment show, but is as old and tired as Conan O'brien's old moving mouth gag.<br /><br />Oh, well.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Rush flipped out years ago. I try to listen on my lunch break. He's so Over-the-Top that he makes a great Clown act and that's all he's good for. What scares me is HE ACTUALLY BELIEVES THE TOTAL BS HE SPREADS! Unfortunately, so do a lot of blind-faithed Republicans...as evidenced on a fairly regualr basis on this board among others. :D <br /><br />Conan O'Brien taking Leno's place when he retires? A whole lotta people are going to get an extra hour of sleep when that happens. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Hey PW2, my brother is heading toward your town. He's going to do carpentry work on an old schooner there. :)

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> 1981, Jtexas.. ;) 1981.... <br /><br />Grace under pressure was pretty good...
Rush? They were at their best, when they did "Moving Pictures". That album rocked!<br /><br />Butch A.

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

What killed me about Rush's rant about the cats is, he is always bashing PETA and animal rights people. The law is about cats roaming woodlands, not a band of hunters wandering through towns shooting cats off fences.

KaGee

Admiral

You guys totally missed it... it was just another offering of his noted sarcasm and obserdity. <br /><br />In the mean tiime his ratings and market share are as high as ever.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Time has passed Rush by, in fact most of talk radio, both political and sports are becoming dull, and repetitisous (sp).

eeboater

Commander

I personally enjoy listening to Rush. His show is the EXACT opposite of anything you will see news-wise on public television.<br /><br />Yesterday morning there was a line on Good Morning America --- that chick on there I don't know her name because I'd never give her 15 seconds of my time. She said this:<br /><br />"Cat shooting is being considered in Wisconsin... is your cat next?"<br /><br />Give me a break. If Rush would have said something like that, the media would have gushed in hippocracy. I think this is clearly true from his controversial NFL comment everyone knows about from a while back.<br /><br />Sean

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> I think this is clearly true from his controversial NFL comment everyone knows about from a while back.<br /><br />Sean
And the dirty little secret is... he was right about McNabb ;)

SoulWinner

Commander

Gee, I wonder why his ratings are great and Air America is tanking........libs....they'll never get a clue.<br /><br />I was listening to Air America the other day and thought it was Coast To Coast, they were talking about some kooky oil pipe line conspiracy thingy. Wackos.....

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> 1981, Jtexas.. ;) 1981.... <br /><br />Grace under pressure was pretty good...
Those seven years may have been the best of my life, I'll never know. That must have been some really good s***, man.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> Gee, I wonder why his ratings are great and Air America is tanking........libs....they'll never get a clue.<br /><br />I was listening to Air America the other day and thought it was Coast To Coast, they were talking about some kooky oil pipe line conspiracy thingy. Wackos.....
LOL<br />Be cool SW about CTCAM<br />With the exception of the Greens and Greys Coast to Coast AM is just entertainment. :) <br />However Air America thinks they are living in real time in real life. They don't have a clue that they live in their own little bubble! ;)

eeboater

Commander

I gotta admit, I like occasionally listening to Coast to Coast. I think its a riot!! Of course, I know they're a bunch of kooks... hmm...wonder why air america is getting lumped into the same category...

Link

Rear Admiral

CTCAM normally has two levels.. RIOT or BORING..and sometimes a really cool show about Lucid Dreaming or Intuitions... I just didn't want it brought down to the level of Air America :D :D <br />Opps 08:50 west coast time... good thing Im only two minutes away from work.. :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

All of the talk show hosts (Rush included) just say anything outrageous to get their name in the headlines.<br /><br />You guys need to realize all these media people (liberals and conservatives) care about is ratings and money.<br /><br />Its all a load of crap, there are no true unbiased media sources.<br /><br />Ken

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

That's why the ditto cam is not on all the time. Who wants to watch Mr. Sinerdlly wipe all that slober of his chin and shirt and you know that mic was drippin'..........