Has anyone tried Magnum Tuning, performance chip for boats?

thumpar

Admiral
Even if it does work you are looking at around 25hp gain. I don't thing you will feel it and at best give you 1/2mph at top end.

brupska

Cadet
I just bought a 2008 Baja 202 Islander with a 5.0 MPI 260hp. At $220 for 15% HP increase. I will Take it!!! I will test it out with GPS Readings this spring!!! I actually Had this same setup on my 04 Buell Firebolt XB12R. I installed a unit that I could dial the fuel injection more or less than factory!!! I had about the same gains as 15% across the board! All engines across the board are regulated for emissions so much that they lose HP! This is the same concept as my Buell!!! I am glad I got to old and out of shape to discover boating!! Nothing like wait to go out on a track dressed in full leathers when its 99 deg!!!! Boating is nicer at 99deg in a swim suit and a cold beer!!!!

Last edited:

Fun Times

Staff member
I just bought a 2008 Baja 202 Islander with a 5.0 MPI 260hp. At $220 for 15% HP increase. I will Take it!!! I will test it out with GPS Readings this spring!!! I actually Had this same setup on my 04 Buell Firebolt XB12R. I installed a unit that I could dial the fuel injection more or less than factory!!! I had about the same gains as 15% across the board! All engines across the board are regulated for emissions so much that they lose HP! This is the same concept as my Buell!!! I am glad I got to old and out of shape to discover boating!! Nothing like wait to go out on a track dressed in full leathers when its 99 deg!!!! Boating is nicer at 99deg in a swim suit and a cold beer!!!!
Oops brupska, please try to keep an eye out on the dates of the topics you're reading as it's preferred by the hosts of iboats that most topics such as these that are older than 90 days remain an archived topic unless you happen to be the original poster. Thanks.