Hard to steer Bennington '2007' 2275 Yamaha 150 4 stroke

George Shear

Recruit
I have had my Bennington TRITOON in the shop many times and again this summer for hard steering problem, also it will run faster and gain RPM if you try not to go straight but turn slightly to the left. ANYONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM. Also the steering takes 2 hands to turn it and noticed the 2008 or 2009 models came out with different style of toons. Trying to get bennington to do something but as of today NOTHING!!
Lets here it....
George:mad:

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Hard to steer Bennington '2007' 2275 Yamaha 150 4 stroke

Is it hard to trun the engine while setting still or just underway?

Also what engine are you running.

They came out with Elliptical center tubes about that time but that really has nothing to do with your problem, the engine would steer the same on either tube and the elliptical is a rather expensive option.

The rpm thing I don't understand, generally speed drops when you turn so that is a bit of a mystery.

You need to work through your dealer to solve this problem, that is his job as a dealer, just as if you had a problem with your car, you go to the dealer you don't call Chevrolet or Ford.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Hard to steer Bennington '2007' 2275 Yamaha 150 4 stroke

I agree. Take it back to the dealer.

You didn't say what kind of steering your boat had. A 150 hp engine on a Bennington should be using a SeaStar hydraulic steering system. They're a different animal than a rotary cable steer boat. I have no SeaStar knowledge--other than they should steer very easily.