FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Alpha one 5.7 Merc. I just changed the Impeller and now it does not shift smoothly from forward to reverse. I did top up the drive oil. Anything else that i am suposed to do?
Re: Hard to shift from forward to reverse after I changed the water pump.
They are lined up ok. I did notice that when I go in forward I have to wait until the leaver is 20% down before I get a responce and that at WOT I on get about 3300RPM
I ams guessing it is the cable.
Re: Hard to shift from forward to reverse after I changed the water pump.
It was the Water filter/seperator. thats why I could not get more power. It had not been changed in the last 3 or 4 years. I also toped up the gear oil in the alpha one drive unit.