Happy Bastille Day!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
What were Marie Antoinette's last words?<br /><br />"No, wait, ICE CREAM! I said, 'let them eat cake and ice cream.'"

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Happy Bastille Day!

Bernie Ebbers, Ken Lay, G.W.Bush. Top dog but no responseability for anything that happens. Bleak.<br /><br /> Wrap yourself in the flag till can not see. Wrap tighter till no oxygen to brain. Shout down any<br />one who disagrees because they don't support the troops. If that fails call them a "Liberal" as everyone knows all liberals are Commie's. <br /> <br /> All I ask is to think.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

telmanmn, all I can say is "WOW!" A few short sentences that say it all!

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Huh? I don't get it. "Ice cream"? And what does Ken Lay, Bush, et al have to do with Bastille Day? BTW: sc..w the French.

NOSLEEP

Commander

And if you stop just thinking about yourself<br />telmanmn. Then wrap yourself in the flag and get<br />yourself some oxygen.<br /><br />All I ask is to think. <br />Turn brain switch to "on" first.

oddjob

Commander

Ha,.Ha,.Ha,.Ha,.Ha,.Ha,.Ha,.Ha,.Ha,......ahem!.......no comment. except thank you and this rederick for four more years..hearing the kooks tweak is music to my ears....Question? if there is no threat of terror according to the dems..then why do they demand the enormous amount of security in and around Boston and the harbor..You people are pathetically hopeless.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Mme. Antoinette lost her head on the day the political prisoners were liberated from the Bastille. Presumably it had something to do with her refusal to accept responsibility for the suffering of les miserables, the majority of the population who were starving to death even as the upper classes wallowed in luxury. It was her response to their complaints, "There's no bread? Let them eat cake!" that ignited the revolution that ultimately led her to la guillotine. <br /><br />BTW, wasn't it Donald Rumsfeld who said, "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordian." Not to mention which, do you think the French are really offended when we stop referring to American cuisine as "French" (French fries, French toast, etc.)? I would think they would be overjoyed. But I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the culture that gave us the french kiss and the menage a trois. And does anybody remember who gave us the Statue of Liberty? that's right, it was France, without whom we might still be singing, "God save our gracious Queen" instead of "My country 'tis of thee." But I guess we evened that score by kicking Hitler's butt the heck out of France.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

It must be a French thing. Telmanmn, You obviously don't know what Bastile day was,or got this confused with another thread. So just picture an 18th centtury Watts riot, and you got the whole scene.<br />BTW, Bush wasn't anywhere near Watts back then.

Whaler Proud

Petty Officer 2nd Class

J'ai demandé un français national que j'ai travaillé avec pourquoi elle célébrait considérer de jour de Bastille c'était une des peu de victoires françaises et c'était contre se. <br /><br />Elle a répondu, « Vous prenez que vous pouvez obtenir ! » <br /><br />Dieu bénit le français expatrié qui voit la lumière et transfère au Texas. <br /><br />Vous pouvez me flamber maintenant. :D

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Huh?<br />
4_12_3.gif

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Whaler Proud said....<br /><br />"I asked a national French that I worked with why she celebrated to consider day of Fortress it was one of the few French victories and it was against itself. <br /><br />She replied, « You take that you can obtain! »<br /><br />God blesses the French deported that sees the light and transfers to the Texas. <br /><br />You can singe me now"<br /><br />At least that's what freetranslation.com told me :confused: :D :D

gaugeguy

Captain

The French revolution is the only war they ever won outright, and it was because they fought it against themselves :rolleyes:

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guageguy you are at post 1911. That's one fine pistol. Best ever made!! BTW, s**ew the french. And their little fries too!