Hangover Remidies

dolluper

Captain
It all started last night when I took out a bottle and had a drink I poured wifee a glass of wine and i had a rye The weather wasn't that great [cloudy] I said lets BarbieQ tonight So I get it started the steaks are just smoking great 'the neighbour see's the smoke comes Asks what's cooking I said steak Want one go get your wife They come over so we get into it Couple of bottles of wine and a 40 of rye the steaks grilled potatoes mushrooms green pepper onions All was great but my buddy and I are now suffering from hangovers, the women are fine go figure.We tried LF's bannana thing it didn't work so we need remedies got any :confused: :confused: Thanks

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Hangover Remidies

Let's see........<br /><br />Glass of buttermilk<br />or<br />glass of pickle juice<br />or<br />shot of bitters<br />or<br />bowl of menudo<br />or<br />hair of the dog! :p

dolluper

Captain

What's this witc8craft<br />Hair of a dog :D

mattttt25

Commander

at this point, just start drinking again. gatorade helps, but coors light is quicker.<br /><br />in the future, follow this fail-proof method:<br /><br />-assume you need to be out of bed at 8:00.<br />-before you pass out, set alarm for 7:00.<br />-place large glass of water, 1 tylenol, 1 ibprofin next to your bed.<br />-when alarm goes off, take meds and drink all water.<br />-reset alarm for 8:00.<br />-when you wake, you'll feel like a million bucks.

tylerin

Commander

One word "MENUDO" like mentioned above by LF ;)

one more cast

Captain

what used to do it for me was a sip of hot tomato soup ,a sip of cold milk, a sip of hot soup, a sip of milk... Now a days what works is ...stop at two or Three drinks. :D

dolluper

Captain

Going to have to get the dictionary out to see what this menudo thing is a little con fessed today :confused: :confused: :confused:

gaugeguy

Captain

I did my heaviest drinking in the service and had many a hangover (haven't had one now in over 10 years). You would be suprised how a nice, brisk 3 mile run makes you feel while hung-over. The first half mile is a cookie-blower, but after that you should be good-to-go.

LadyFish

Admiral

Mexican Menudo<br /><br /> 2 pounds Tripe -- cut in 1" squares<br /> 2 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon Cumin<br /> 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper<br /> 14 1/2 ounces hominy, canned<br /> 1 pound pork knuckles -- Raw<br /> 4 Cloves Garlic -- crushed<br /> 4 tablespoons Chili Powder<br /> 1 tablespoon Oregano<br /> 2 tablespoons butter <br />Wash tripe in hot water and then boil with salt in three quarts of water<br />for two to three hours or until tripe is tender. In separate saucepan,<br />cook one pound in water for one hour.<br /><br />In another saucepan, blend melted butter, garlic, cumin, black pepper,<br />chili powder and oregano and saute' for two to three minutes. Combine<br />tripe, pork knuckles and the broth from both pans with the spices and<br />one can of hominy. Bring to a boil and boil for five minutes. Serve with<br />tortillas.<br /><br />Top menudo with chopped onion and a few drops of lemon juice.

ehenry

Commander

Wash a BC or Goody powder down with an Alka Seltzer on the rocks.....it'll fix ya right up ! !

dolluper

Captain

Run ho*y crap are you ok walking is hard enough

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Being a good ol' Southern Baptist Deacon, all I've got to mention is "abstain" from drinking any alcohol. ;) <br /><br />Works every time for me. Hope you feel better soon!

JRJ

Commander

Thanks LF. OK to make ahead for May 6th? :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

ok, this won't help today, I know, but back in the day, here's what did it for me, almost always helped (but if you're shooting tequila, forget about it nothing will help).<br /><br />Drink lots of water during the evening: counteracts the dehydrating effect of alcohol. I mean a glass of water every three-four drinks.<br /><br />Then take about 500 or 700 mg of ibuprofen before you go to sleep. Will help a ton! Huevos rancheros is also a good morning after breakfast.<br /><br />nowadays I'm with OMC, just don't get so stinking fall-down drunk.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by JamesCoste:<br /> Being a good ol' Southern Baptist Deacon, all I've got to mention is "abstain" from drinking any alcohol. ;) <br /><br />Works every time for me. Hope you feel better soon!
Works for me, and I am a Yankee.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

The best way I found for years to cure a hangover was drink a little of the same in the morning after. Beer always gave me hangovers, whiskey rarely did.<br />A hangover is a kind of withdrawl from alcohol. The short duration of being drunk, your body alters the natural chemicals produced. Alcohol is a depressant, the body tries hard to make up for this depressant entering your system. You get yourself up to a high level, then come back down. It takes the body longer to adjust the natural process to equal out this depressant.<br /><br />The best cure for hangovers I found years ago, I quit drinking.

SoulWinner

Commander

Before you go to bed take three or four BC powders and drink a bottle of water for every glass of whiskey.

dolluper

Captain

You mean dive into the river with your mouth open ok thanks :D

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Plenty of water before you go to bed to counter dehydration, perhaps with a headache med as well. <br /><br />If you're still hurting the next day, try your favorite headache med along with a couple of ginger tablets (or chew on some ginger root). Ginger works well for many types of nausea. <br /><br />Also works great for motion sickness, better than dramamine for me, with no side effects (i.e., drowsiness). They have done clinical trials on ginger to show it's effectiveness for motion sickness (one of the few 'suppliments' or 'nutrients' that have actually been formally tested for a medical claim.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

chaser3.jpg
<br /><br />The French call it "wood mouth." Germans refer to is as "wailing of the cats." Spaniards call it "backlash." Most English speakers call it "hangover." No matter what you call it, it's still a lousy feeling. But why should a pleasurable experience such as drinking have to cause so much pain?<br /><br />Two Chaser pills, taken an hour after the first drink, help eliminate the cause of unnecessary suffering. What's more, they're safe, natural and effective on wine, beer and all types of spirits.<br /><br /> http://www.doublechaser.com/hangover.htm <br /><br />Don't know it this stuff works or not, but it might just be worth a try. Anybody try this yet?<br /><br />Dave