Hailing Queenslanders (Aussie)

Dunaruna

Admiral
Planning a 10 day break in late November, anyone in or around Townsville? Need info.<br /><br />Aldo

Kiwi Phil

Commander
Re: Hailing Queenslanders (Aussie)

Must be too occupied with the footy Aldo........<br />(then again maybe you Mexycarnoes didn't hear what happened yesterday)<br />Cheers<br />Phillip :D

Dunaruna

Admiral

What happenned yesterday?<br /><br />EDIT: The footy, gotcha ya. Nope, I couldn't care less about Syd v Eagles.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

No... no... no... Aldo.<br />The real footy game. Rugby Leage.<br />The Cowboys from far Nth Qld cleaned up that bunch of Pansy's from Sydney (in the semis), who thought they had the Grand Final in the bag. <br />29 to Zip.<br />That's what happen when you pull your sppedos to far up your self - divides your brains in too, and those Sydney Pansy's are good at that. :D <br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Dunaruna

Admiral

'Rugby' & 'brains' shouldn't be used in the same sentence. Are they still doing that middle digit thing? HELLO.<br /><br />Now if you want to talk about real footy..........

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Union?<br />That's my game, except when Queensland is playing, then it is any code.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip<br /><br />Aldo, if you are driving through, let me know, and call in.

Dunaruna

Admiral

NO, not union, aussie rules!!!!!!<br /><br />I'd love to, but we are flying up, 1 hr stop over in Brissy, then on to paradise :cool: .<br /><br />Last easter we spent 4 days in Caloundra, if we do that again, I'll e-mail first.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Got to admire you Mexykarnoes Aldo.<br />No matter what the sport, if it is in MCC then the place is full. I say this as the Union games played there have been well patronised, as with the League, yet the dominating game down there is Rules.<br />Reckon if an internation Grid Iron game was played there, the place would be full too.<br />Can't say the same with any other State, couldn't see the English doing it either. Not sure how the Americans would go patronising a foreign game.<br />As a side note, pity you guys can't turn up with a team in the finals!!!!<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

noelm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Oh is Aussie rules a game??? in heaven they play league! and go the Tigers, going to be in Caloundra myself doing a bit of fishing later in the year

Triton II

Commander

Yep, spot on Noel, the Tigers are gonna chew Cowboy a#se. <br /><br />PS: Wotz Aussie Rules?

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Yes, that young Tigers Team looks pretty impressive, and if the Cowboys wern't in the finals, Tigers would get my support.<br />Hey Noelm, it's Union that they play in Heaven; Jesus is the drinks boy for the Whites and God for the Blacks. (ok ok I said Blacks,..... as in All Blacks).<br />And this started off with Aldo taking a break in the Far North<br />Cheers<br />Phillip :D

Dunaruna

Admiral

Mark, you traitor. Your boys won, first trophy in a bazzillion years, you should be 'swanning' around.

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oops, sorry Aldo, missed your post, Don't know of anyone up in Townsville, when you comming to Brissy next?

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oops, sorry Aldo, missed your post, Don't know of anyone up in Townsville, when you comming to Brissy next?

Triton II

Commander

Hey I'm pleased that the former South Melbourne won, but in all honesty I'd rather watch paint dry or mow the lawn, or weed the garden. As it was I was out fishing, which in my case is a bit like waiting for the Swans to win a trophy - a bite is a rare event, and a catch is a bloo@y miracle. We got one legal flathead in two days. So far I have averaged just over $2000 per fish with the current boat, the lawn is overgrown and the weeds are rampant!

noelm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

hey Triton the flathead are "on the chew" down our way (Shellharbour) though I do not go after them much, catches of 20 or more are common and some of the flatfish experts are getting bag limits in a couple of hours

Triton II

Commander

Thanks for the info Noel. What are they chewing? I'm using prawns and lures. I'll give it a big go on Monday - public holiday and see if I can get the unit cost down to a more reasonable figure! 15 fish in two years... mutter, mutter... :eek:

Dunaruna

Admiral

Thanks triton, you've given me a chuckle ($2000 per fish :p ).<br /><br />My last fishing outing cost me $20 in lures, $25 bait, $60 fuel, $10 ramp fees, a day off work (self employed = no pay) and a 5am start. How many fish did I catch? Zip, nada, ziltch.<br /><br />But I'd do it all again tomorrow. :) .<br /><br />Now, Shute harbour. Going up there in late november. I'm told that the giant travalley are bigger than VW bettles. How much should I spend chasing these monsters? Do I need to talk to my bank manager first?

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Flathead.<br />This is how the wife catches them.<br />Puts out a lure that rattles, 2 sets of tripples, and makes me idle the boat over the shallows, (troll) with the motor raised, and BANG, she gets one. When she gets it in the boat she does more tap-dancing than the fish, and I have to remove the hooks. She makes me do it for hours.<br />Don't know what damage 3' of water does the motor.<br />No more bait for us.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Dunaruna

Admiral

Specifically, what kind of lures? Got any pics? <br /><br />I've always wasted squid when chasing flatties.