Had to take advantage of the weather!

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The weather was sort of warm Saturday, so my friend Linda and I went fishin despite the wind and threat of rain. We went up Broad Creek almost to Laurel. (Delaware) Well, I hadn't had a nibble and so I (and I'm not kidding about this) started talking to God. I told Him if He was going to give us a day of fishing in the winter, He should make it a great day and not go half-stepping. The wind continued to blow and I told Him that I should at least be able to catch a fish for all the trouble I was going through, even a little one, but a big one would be better. <br /><br />Linda was laughing at me, (I was talking out loud) but within 5 minutes, I caught a small bass about 1-3/4 lbs. Linda stopped laughing. A few minutes later, I had a hit on my lizard so I told her to give me the rod she was using real quick, because it had a spinner with a plastic chartreuse pork type trailer. On the second cast, a 3 pounder grabbed it and was welcomed to the boat. We got a couple of shots of it because so far that's the largest bass I've landed. God then let me catch another at 2-3/4 lbs and another that had his own idea of "catch and release." <br /><br />I thanked God repeatedly, and overall, He gave us a great day. A few sprinkles, but we didn't get too wet. <br /><br />The really funny thing is, I've never really had any luck with a spinnerbait except last Friday. I gave my daughter the same rod with the same spinnerbait and trailer. She said she didn't like it. I took it from her and casted twice and pulled in a two pounder. She didn't think it was funny, but I couldn't help laughing. This is just a cheap single blade spinner I don't even remember buying. Probably got it from Walmart. Now I've got to get some better ones! <br /><br />Dan

Ron G

Commander
Re: Had to take advantage of the weather!

Glad you had a good trip.never hurts to talk to the almighty.<br />I got smoked last year by a buddy with $1.00 wal-mart spinnerbait.

MYTJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Devine intervention........Good story WGF...Thanks for sharing......god bless

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The Lord has come to my rescue on more than one occasion. It's too hard to explain without diagrams or at least the use of my hands, but God literally snatched me out of harms way while on my motorcycle. There is no scientific reason for me being here right now. (Except that He is the God of science.)<br /><br />I don't pray to Him as such, but we have many conversations. He has a great sense of humor, too!<br />Like the time a few years ago when I bought a sail boat. God said "Dan bought a sail boat, let the winds, when they blow, be light and variable." The whole summer I had about two nice days of steady breeze. I bought a set of brass wind chimes about the same time and had to smack 'em just to hear what they sounded like. :) <br /><br />Dan

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here's a photo of the three pounder.<br />
threelb.jpg

MYTJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

NICEEEE!!! as my daughter would say......