guess how fast it will go now?!?!

toyvette81

Cadet
Re: guess how fast it will go now?!?!

oh yeah i got my eyes on a big wheel ;). 13x21 stainless... ill update this afternoon when i find out how many rpm's it gets to or how fast it gets to 5250 (i read some places the motor will not pass that) today to really figure out what wheel to get.

cheesegrits

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I don't think anyone mentioned in this thread yet, but if you were to get in an accident your insurance will not pay a dime on a claim. You will be personally responsible for all damages. I myself don't want to lose my house just to prove how fast I can make a boat go. So good luck making it to 55(yrs). Just my .02.

rodeo brody

Cadet

I say "go big or go home!"

Something nobody has mentioned yet is that people install jack plates on boats with an engine the same hp as the max the coast guard plate recomends.
The more hp you have the more torque it is putting on your transom.
A jack plate lowers the propeller in relation to the boat which in turn puts more torque on the transom. I could see a jack plate easily putting 25% more torque on a transom.
As long as you don't try to pull up a skier at full throttle I don't think it's a big deal.
I would certainly inspect the aluminum around the engine periodically for stress cracks. Any cracks in the transom would make me rethink what I was doing.
Oh yeah, and wear a life jacket.