Grew 250; Any info or documentation appreciated.

kzin

Recruit
Hi there,
I inherited a 1981 Grew 250. At least, I was told it was a 1981. It has a Mercruiser Windsor 350 IO engine.
It needs some work and I am looking for any documentation anyone would be able to provide for it. Owners manuals, hull capacity, original retrofit, anything. Things are getting harder to find now that Grew is out of business.
I am thinking there may be a demand for an owner maintained fact site for this kind of thing, perhaps when I am done with the boat I should try to get one going.
Anyways, thank you in advance for your consideration.

Oldie boat

Recruit
Re: Grew 250; Any info or documentation appreciated.

Hi there,
I inherited a 1981 Grew 250. At least, I was told it was a 1981. It has a Mercruiser Windsor 350 IO engine.
It needs some work and I am looking for any documentation anyone would be able to provide for it. Owners manuals, hull capacity, original retrofit, anything. Things are getting harder to find now that Grew is out of business.
I am thinking there may be a demand for an owner maintained fact site for this kind of thing, perhaps when I am done with the boat I should try to get one going.
Anyways, thank you in advance for your consideration.

Good morning, did you ever get an answer to your post? I have a 1976 Grew 250, and would welcome any additional info also! Thanks

kzin

Recruit

Good morning, did you ever get an answer to your post? I have a 1976 Grew 250, and would welcome any additional info also! Thanks

I did not. I did end up selling her. :grumpy:

MolsonCanadian

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Those old Grew's are good solid boats. Build right here in Penetanguishene.