Greatest Movie Line Ever

D

DJ

Re: Greatest Movie Line Ever

-"What's your vector Victor?" "Roger-huh"?<br /><br />-"Frankly, I don't give a damn".

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

One of my personal favorites... and fitting for this site as well.<br /><br />"We're gonna need a bigger boat!" Roy Scheider, Chief Brody.

Pony

Rear Admiral

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself"<br />-Bill Murray <br /><br />That's it, I've had it with this dump! We got no food, we got no jobs, our pet's heads are falling off!! <br /><br />When I met Mary, I got that old fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her.<br />- Jim Carrey <br /><br /><br />Pedro: Do you think people will vote for me? <br />Napoleon Dynamite: Heck yes! I'd vote for you. <br />Pedro: Like what are my skills? <br />Napoleon Dynamite: Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache. <br />-from napolean dynamite<br /><br />Doug Butabi: So anyways, I was standing there waiting to use the pay phone. <br />Steve Butabi: Yeah, he was, seriously. <br />Doug Butabi: And this guy who was on the phone, turns around and tips his hat like this. <br />Steve Butabi: And who do you think that guy was? <br />Doug Butabi: Emilio Estevez. <br />Steve Butabi: The Mighty Duck man, I swear to God, I was there. <br />Doug Butabi: Of course you were, you were the one who yelled the Breakfast Clubber's name. <br />Steve Butabi: I was like, "Emilio." <br />-from night at the roxburry<br /><br />Peter Gibbons: You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. <br />Bob Porter: Don't... don't care? <br />Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my *** off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now. <br />Bob Porter: Eight? <br />Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired. <br />-office space<br /><br /><br />A few of my favorites!(might be too current for some of you. sorry

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."<br /><br />"Badges? We aint got not badges. We don't need no stinking badges!"<br /><br />"We're gonna need a bigger boat."<br /><br />"That's big talk for a one eyed fat man."<br /><br />"That'll be the day."<br /><br />"I coulda been a contender."<br /><br />"When men reach a certain age they don't make sudden moves when it comes to women."<br /><br />That's all I can remember right offhand.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

That was a great one EE!<br /><br />Another I like;<br /><br />Fill your hands you sonsab******!

dolluper

Captain

Or>>> GO ahead make my day<<<......Dirty Harry,Clint Eastwood

Drowned Rat

Captain

"Each of us is wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back"<br /><br />Ghostbusters.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Blazing Saddles, Taggart "Slim Pickins" speaking right at the toll booth "Whoa Whoa! William J. Lapetamain Thruway what is that a%@hole going to think of next! Who's got a dime? Someone needs to go back and get a s#@tload of dimes"

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

The entire tirade of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman (played by R. Lee Ermey) in Full Metal Jacket.<br /><br />I'd love to post the quotes here, but they aren't appropriate.

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

The Odd Couple where Oscar said to Felix, "I just figured out that all your notes signed FU meant Felix Unger". <br /><br />This is a rough paraphrase.

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

Captain: "And as for you a#$hole your just lucky to be here."<br /><br />Goose: "Thank you sir!"<br /><br />Top Gun

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

"Say hello to my little friend"<br />-Scarface<br /><br /><br />Belchy

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Parrott_head:<br /> "What we have here is "Failure to Communicate""
Undoubtedly one of the all time best Parrot_head!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Any line from Caddyshack...<br /><br />Hey Smells... My dingy's bigger than your whole boat"..... :D

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

I have a contender, unfortunately most of you guys won't have seen the movie because it was a BBC production but I'll try and set the scene:<br /><br />The movie was called "An Ungentlemanly Act" and follows the events of the initial Argentine invasion of the Falklands. In the scene the small detatchment of Royal Marines that are garrisoned on the islands are trying to fight off the massive invasion force and are firing harrassing shots across Main Street, Port Stanley: the Argentines are returning concentrated fire:<br /><br />Just then a lone man appears, walking down the street waving a white flag and the Marines yell at him to take cover, at which point he shouts back in a broad Scottish accent:<br /><br />"It's okay fer you guys! Some o' us has work to go to!" :D :D

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Any woman who'd make a life of makin' one man miserable rather than a lot of men happy won't get my vote.-John Wayne

fireman57

Captain

"Are you crazy? The fall will probably kill ya!"<br />Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.