Great News!! I've won the British International Lottery!!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
the message below appeared in a free internet mailbox I set up for the purpose, based on the techniques from www.419eaters.com <br /><br />
<br />Date: 6/10/2005 7:15:41 PM <br />To: <br />CC: <br />From: "British Lottery" <info@uk-international-lotery.org> <br />Subject: AWARD WINNING NOTIFICATION/ FINAL NOTICE <br /> <br /> <br /><br /><br />British International Lottery<br />Support Center<br />Bevan House<br />51 Bevan Avenue<br />Conwy LL28 5AF<br />United Kingdom.<br /><br />FROM: THE DESK OF THE PROMOTION MANAGER<br />INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS/PRICE AWARD DEPARTMENT.<br />REF NO: BTL/4910X1/04<br />BATCH NO: 12/25/0304 <br /><br />RE: AWARD WINNING NOTIFICATION/ FINAL NOTICE<br /><br />National U.K Lottorey wishes to inform you the results of the E-mail address ballot lottery international program by Great Britain held on 7th June,2005. Your email address was attached to ticket number 564 75600545-188, with serial number 5388/02 drew with lucky numbers 43-11-44-37-10-43, and consequently you Won the lottery in the (A) category.All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from Microsoft users from company and individual email addresses.<br /><br />You have therefore been approved a lump sum of SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND GREAT BRITAIN POUNDS.<br /><br />Be advice to keep your winning information confidential until your claims has been processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program,For the release of your winning,kindly contact your claims agent:<br /><br />Mr. Todd Aaron <br />Tel: +44 703 194 2827<br />Fax: +44 870 134 4116<br /><br />Email: cnt_claimsdept1@uk-international-lotery.org<br /><br />Our agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the Release of your funds as soon as you contact him and you are to quote your lucky number for confirmation on your winning in every correspondences with claims agent.<br /><br />All winning must be claimed not later than 20th June, 2005. After this date all unclaimed funds will be retured to European Union Treasury as unclaimed.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Furthermore, should there be any Change of your address; do inform your claims agent as soon as possible.<br /><br />Congratulations!! again from all our staffs and thank you for being part of our promotional lottery program.<br /><br />Yours faithfully,<br />Dr Paul White.<br />Zonal Co-ordinator.<br />(Promotions Manager)<br /> <br />
I sent an utterly silly reply, we'll see what comes of it.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
Re: Great News!! I've won the British International Lottery!!

It must be legit if he's "yours faithfully."

Moody Blue

Captain

jtexas, I was also notified. Guess we will have to split the winnings 50/50. But hey, I want my 50% in American dollars not Canadian :p

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Yeah, all you have to do is give them your bank info and they will put it in your account...<br /><br />Like they always say, if you never entered a contest, and you win it, its a scam.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

here's my reply, note the gobbledegook in the 2nd paragraph - I just typed in a few random words from on-screen ads. the phone # is from a free web service that supposedly will send an audio file of any messages to Captain Jack's email. Note the spelling of "lotery" in their email address. I can't figure out how to get at the email headers in the rock.com webmail, so I can't tell what country it originated from.<br /><br /><br />
Date: 6/10/2005 8:11:18 PM <br />To: "British Lottery" <info@uk-international-lotery.org> <br />CC: <br />From: "Jack Sparrow" <jack.sparrow@rock.com> <br />Subject: RE:AWARD WINNING NOTIFICATION/ FINAL NOTICE <br /> <br /> <br />Dear Mr. Aaron, <br />I completely forgot about buying my lottery tickets last week, what a surprise to get this letter! You could have knocked me over with a fluegelhorn! <br /> <br />I tried calling the numbers you gave but I think something is wrong, there are too many numbers in your phone number, and my phone doesn't have a +. Please help me in this regard as my twice as fast only friend rockabout won't ghurgle and I really must acquire my lottery whining yesterdayphone.../. <br /> <br />just tell me what I need to do if possible can you call me my nuber is 206-339-9445. <br /> <br />please don't distribute my whining to any other asinine clambaker roger of myself! <br /> <br />you have my completed conversion in your hands! <br /> <br />thanks to your saluted majesty, <br />Captain Jack Sparrow <br />"But why is the rum gone?" <br />
I have a couple others going including one from a the favorite of three wives of a dead politician whose life is threatened by the other two!

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

jtexas<br /><br />I have to go to Bangor Thursday next week, Conwy is only 10 miles down the road from there. If you like I can call in and pick your winnings up for you.<br /> :D :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

absolutely, RPJS, thanks for the offer! All you have to do is send me a Western Union money transfer of $3,125 UNITED STATE DOLLAR and I will arrange for the winnings... :D :D

ZmOz

Captain

That's nothing. This nice guy in nigeria has agreed to give me $10,000,000 if I just let him hide some money in my account for a few days. I think he's a king or something... :rolleyes:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

You're OUT OF RUM?!!!<br />Bloody el!

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Tee hee...!

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great, British 419 scams...now Soulwinner is going to want to bomb the UK...

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Whenever I get those emails offering me a split of some dead wealthy middle eastern dude's money if I let them use my account, I tell them I specialize in illegal financial transactions like the one they want to do for a pre-paid sum of $30,000 US dollars. I take Pay-Pal. Then after a few back and forth replies of them trying to get me to give them an account, I tell them that if they are too stupid to figure out how to send 30,000 via pay pal, they are too stupid to compete the remainder of the transaction. Adios.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Mark, check out the link above, it's got some pretty funny stuff on it.<br /><br />I've been corresponding with a "Lawyer" in Johannesburg, about his "client" who died leaving $millions unclaimed, yadayadayada. I've convinced him that in America the word "Shyster" means lawyer, he actually calls himself Shyster McCathy now. They've started using western-sounding names now.<br /><br />Not using my regular email account of course.<br /><br />It's pretty fun.