Great Deals Are Out There!

skrudumra

Cadet
My wife and I were shopping at a thrift store. We do this pretty regularly and despite both of us being "impulse shoppers", we still manage to keep a mental list of wants and needs in mind as we go. I saw an old slalom ski that looked to be period correct for the boat that I'm restoring, a '66 Aristocraft 19. It turned out that the binding was too small for me (I'm the only person in my family that can water ski let alone slalom ski). Then, behind a bunch of uninteresting crap, I saw a brightly colored water ski, I'm guessing late 80's early 90's era Connelly. Then, behind even more crap, it's mate! It was only $30 for the pair! I felt like I was stealing them as I walked away from the cash register... The bindings of the Connelly skis are too small for me too, but perfect for her. My best friend liked the idea of having the period correct skis for the boat just to boost the blast from the past effect. Any help with this would awesome! Yard sales and second hand stores can be an excellent source for sporting equipment at bargain prices. Just be sure to carefully examine before buying as no one needs more junk.