Gotta love the DEA

Kenneth Brown

Captain
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A scary accident took place at a local gun safety class for kids in which the federal agent teaching the class was shot.<br /><br />The accident took place at a golf program for kids at the Callahan Center, where they are treated to guest speakers.<br /><br />Reportedly, a DEA agent was talking about drugs and gun safety when his gun went off. <br /><br />"Some people did leave, and kids started crying," said witness Vivian Farmer.<br /><br />People inside the classroom said the agent pulled out his weapon, released the magazine and even asked parents to look inside the chamber to make sure the gun wasn't loaded. When he released the slide, the gun fired a round into the agent's leg.<br /><br />"It did let the children see that anybody can make a mistake, so it's best if there's a gun … don't touch it," said Farmer.<br /><br />The agent is reportedly fine, but the accident is under investigation

18rabbit

Captain
Re: Gotta love the DEA

Yeah...the classroom at the club/range where my kids attended their firearms training has holes in the filing cabinet, walls, floor and ceiling. All of it is the product of police and hi-way patrol mishaps during their annual firearms qualifying.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Soooooooo, if "qualified" people have all these mishaps, why is it any wonder not everyone agrees that not every citizen should be walking around with a firearms/restrictions, etc...?

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Yet we have so many "qualified" people driving vehicles, and yet they kill more than anything else. Perhaps there should be a law that only the self rightous and perfect are allowed to drive.

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree with samagee. The same goes for many othe things. Steak knives, baseball bats, last time I looked airliners were used as killing machines. When will it all stop?

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe it will stop when 40 suicidal terrorists legally acquire automatic weapons and gun down 1000 people during rush our at Grand Central Station.<br />Sorry to be so blunt, but you asked...

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Toady...these suicidal terrorists you talk about aren't gonna legally get automatic weapons in this country...and if they do get them illegally I'll be right there to help stop them dead with my legal firearms...just a Thought

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Thats a good point. But because there are so many legal guns available, there are that many black market guns out there...<br />I was just thinking that its not until a crisis hits that reform is made.<br />If two kids can shoot up a school, imagine what Bin Ladens goons can do...<br />I fear in retrospect people will look back like we all have with the airline business and wonder why more wasn't done to tighten things up on the types of weapons out there.<br />There are enemies among the US population. <br />Bombs, rockets, chemical weapons, airliners, high powered guns I'm sure will be their weapons of choice in their continuing battles for years to come.<br />Steak knives and baseball bats aren't and never will be at issue...

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

If Bin Ladens goons come our way, they better be packing because we are!<br /><br />Guns aren't criminal....criminals are criminal's......I'd better go hide any rocks around my place so no one picks one up and hits me over the head and kills me....or better yet, stop playing baseball cause a goon may pick up a bat and knock me into next week, or stop driving my car cause a kamakize may run me off the road, or........shall I continue!<br /><br />My guns are for MY protection.....Don't mess with em, you'll wind up on the wrong end!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Toad says:<br /><br />"Maybe it will stop when 40 suicidal terrorists legally acquire automatic weapons and gun down 1000 people during rush our at Grand Central Station.<br />Sorry to be so blunt, but you asked... "<br /><br />I say: Or maybe a select location north of the US, maybe **************** ** <br /><br />Ok, I will self edit this before I go too far. <br /><br /><br />As a side note 751 people died by drowning last year in a boat, or I guess its really out of one. Maybe we should ban them too right?<br /><br />Some folks need to learn what a funny post is about. What happened is NOT funny but telling the story is. I ain't calling names but somebody needs to get a life, and get out of everybody elses, ribbit.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Holy crap Kenneth, can't we have an exchange?<br />Go ahead an post what you want. No need to self edit.<br />The initial post was interesting.<br />Can't we carry on from there and let the topic evolve?<br />Everyone has a view, post yours, allow me to post mine.<br />I am simply pointing out potential security breaches within your borders.<br />Good Grief

18rabbit

Captain

Perhaps there should be a law that only the self rightous and perfect are allowed to drive.
It's going to be lonely being the only one on all that hi-way...

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Even though I did an edit before anyone had a chance to see it Toad I would like to apologize. I let my emotions overun me before I thought about it. I wish you no harm at all. I actually encourage your posting here, it makes it more lively. If we all just agreed it would be very boring. It did however, and still does, fire me up that a funny post has to turn into a political statement from some members. I am not a mod, never will be, never will I desire to be. Too many people like me and you to deal with. I have learned to not only tolerate but enjoy the polical posts, I just would like to keep the jokes and funnies as jokes and funnies. Does that make sense? <br /><br />From working ten years in a prison I can tell you that more than guns kill people. I am not referring to knives either. I seen a man killed by a ball point pen. There are hundreds of those in our schools, as well as yours. Mops, brooms, canned goods, lock on a sock, steel toe boots, torn sheet strips, etc. These are all things that can be used as weapons and we all have them. Life is a risk, we have to enjoy it the best we can, I'll keep my guns as long as they will let me, and probably even after that.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I don't fully understand why someone would choose to own a fully automatic machine gun but I don't understand alot of things. I do understand that the founding fathers felt stong enough to spell out in no uncertain terms the right to bear arms. Not with the caviat of a certain number of bullets or the physical size of a weapon but the right to bear arms.<br /><br />We can change this. But there isn't one politician with the stones to put it forward. If you think that eroding your rights by a thousand regulations is freedom you need to stop attending public schools. If you think that taking guns from law abiding citizens will reduce crime it is based of a personal agenda as the facts just don't bear this out. Most people I know who are for gun control have never fired a weapon, know how one works, what constitutes the difference between the wide variety of weapons, or are interested in learning. Ignorance is not bliss. These are the same people who think teaching abstainance in school is ridiculous, but want us to abstain from owning the guns of our choice.<br /><br />The old double standard.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

I too apologize.<br />I really wasn't looking to derail the thread and get completely political.<br />It was just an observation I made.<br />Peace.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Hi Pointer, as always, a good post.<br />I actually like low caliber guns. Pellet guns, and awkward firearms that would be of no harm to anyone (nearly impossible to conceal). I also take no issue with the majority of people that are responsible enough to handle such weapons.<br />I think the key word in your post was "control". How does government implement control, without offending the masses?<br />PS-I also have no issue with sex well before marriage...<br /> ;)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Toad,<br /><br />I am in danger of being a hippocrit, but nobody here can prove it. (I'm single) :p <br /><br />I am not really interested in the specific's but more the process. I expect courage from my elected officials and if they can't follow the process's for changing our laws then don't change them. This is what happens when you have "professional" politicians. I probably had the opposite position to anything Paul Wellstone ever put forth. But he was a man of conviction and guts. (He would have killed all democrats for that vulgar "memorial" after his death) If I lived in Minnesota I might have voted for him based on the fact he was honest to his convictions and beliefs. <br /><br />Gun control regulations may or may not be necessary but what is going on in the name of public safety is an afront to our constitution. And worse nobody (politician) has the strength of conviction to address what is a prostitution of our rights. ;)

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Toad, Bin Ladens goons do not have the guts. They know if they pull a weapon in public, there are those that will shoot them on site. They wont get many deaths before their own, unless they show up in a completely "P.C." neighborhood. That is why they rely on surprise tactics and explosive weapons.<br /><br />Take a look at Briton. They don't allow guns, yet they have had a ton of trouble with gangs and guns lately. So your theory doesn't hold water.