Gotta love Pep Boys

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
When I got my new van, the boss said it was okay to get vent shades for the side windows. They ordered them and they were the right ones.<br /><br />After a couple of weeks washing bugs off the leading edge of the hood, I thought a bug deflector would be nice. SO I got the approval and had Pep Boys order me one. Waited a week and went in. Someone screwed up as usual. They got me vent shades for a 85 truck of some sorts. Wrong twice. 1. wrong vehicle 2. wrong piece/part<br /><br />So they reordered and was going to give me back cash. With me paying with the company card, I cannot accept cash. It has to be credited back to my card. They said they couldn't do it. So since they screwed up, the manager said he will sell me the bugdeflector for the price of the vent shades. Cool! because the vent shades were 39.99 and the bugdeflector is $115.00. WOW what a bargain. Oh, I just love it when they scew up. Seems like it always benefits me somehow.<br /><br />Anyone else have an experience like this?

oddjob

Commander
Re: Gotta love Pep Boys

All the people at pep boyZ (down here) look like punk gang-bangers . If you saw their vehicles you wouldn't let them near yours.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

OJ, I just buy my parts there anymore. The service department on the other hand, just say there is a lot of stories I could tell.

sangerwaker

Commander

My very limited experience with them was not good.<br /><br />They had a promotion running for a free $50 gift card with the purchase of 4 tires. Got 4 new tires for my wife's Jeep, but no one knew how to ring up the free gift card. I said no problem to Tom, the guy helping me, just mail it to me. 3 weeks go by and no card, so I stop in while in the area. I ask for the manager, only to find out it was Tom! We had a pretty much one sided conversation regarding customer service.<br /><br />Glad your experience was much better, SS.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Oh, I got lots of experience with them. I can walk in and just about all the crew will call me by my first name. Surprised they have the inteligence to remember it.

KaGee

Admiral

Naw SS, I ususally get screwed no matter who's at fault! :eek: <br /><br />Pep Boys closed all their stores up here.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Speaky de english?.... They sure don't at pep-boys.... Or Advance/Discount..... Or Autozone....<br /><br />Sams = best place for tires, IMHO.. They replaced my front tires, just shy of 45 minutes... No BS rebates or junk... :) Oh, and they speak english too..... :)

ZmOz

Captain

No Pep boys around here, but a few years ago I shipped an LCD monitor via UPS through a Staples store. It's a very long story, but the LCD was damaged, and insured. UPS tried their hardest to weisel out of it, but after I made a scene at Staples the manager let me walk out with a brand new 15" LCD monitor - which at the time was about $500. The monitor I had shipped was old and small - only worth about $100. :D

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

They couldn't be any worse than JC Whitney was years ago. The orders from h#ll!<br /><br />Jinx