gotta' hate that

magster65

Commander
I was reading Triple D's story on the kill switch and it reminded me... A while back (10 years ago... no 15, 17... 18... holy! never mind) I was tuning up my 1978 Suzuki GS 750 in the driveway. Of course there was the usual team of a couple of beer drinking buddies helping. I had just finished replacing the plugs and points and I flashed it up. It ran then sputtered and died, I cranked it over but it wouldn't go. Being the whiz I am I start the process of elimination and eventually I had all the old tune-up parts back in there. It ran good before... right. Nope. Still wouldn't go. All sweaty and confused now I stood back, looked, walked over and switched the fuel to reserve and it flashed right up... So I proceeded to do my tune-up again. Funny how engines run way better when you give them fuel. :)

D

DJ

Re: gotta' hate that

magster,<br /><br />There has been more than one person on this board that has racked his brain on why his engine wouldn't start, only to find the kill switch lanyard dangling!! :eek: :mad:

NOSLEEP

Commander

You would have to get in line<br />for that one. :( :D

Homerr

Commander

Yep..Ditto.<br /><br />Did it last year at the coast.<br /><br />Family, gear loaded... Boat would turn over...Try to start, but as soon as you let off the key, it would die. UNLOAD family and gear and proceed to get truck and trailer.<br /><br />Brand new boat...I was beginning to get pissed!<br /><br />Stupid break-away/lanyard safety switches...<br /><br />H.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I took a Yamaha RD350 in to have the carbs rejetted after putting on a new exhaust and K&N air filter. It had full tank of gas when I dropped it off. I only made it 4.6 miles when I picked it up. I ran out of gas right in front of the Harley factory at lunch time. Those guys gave me (17 at the time) such a hard time, I never forgave them. But I took their money every spring for a trailer ride off of the freeway when they broke down on the way to their traditional "Honda Drop" and jet burn. $40 for a 2.5 mile tow, then a buck a mile. Made $300 one saturday.