Got my baby back from the paint shop

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
My baby: 1992 Daimler Sovereign (Van da Plas in the US I think)<br /><br />I have had this car from 6mths old. It has always been very well looked after, serviced, cleaned, polished etc. Only 96K miles in 12 yrs.<br /><br />Anyhow the paintwork was starting to show its age so I bit the bullet and sent her in for a respray.<br /><br />I got her back today and all I can say is WOW.<br /><br />when I arrived at the shop to collect her she was sat there, paint as good as I have ever seen, all the chrome polished. She looked a million dollars. It felt so good driving home, the only problem was that I did not whant anyone to come within 10' of me.<br /><br />I've taken a load of photos, I'll post them when I can.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Got my baby back from the paint shop

Can't wait for the pictures...Chief ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A beautiful and elegant vehicle, RPJS.<br /><br />Also looking forward to pix. :)

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

If I've done this right here is a picture of my baby<br />
Jag0012.jpg

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Great shape for that age! Looks great.<br /><br />Bob

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Golly gee wiz, don't get much better than that...Chief ;)

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Absolutely georgeous :) <br /><br />er!... These days, over here those beauties are sometimes called Ford :(

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Wow! Flawless, RPJS. But....what is a Daimler Sovereign? Since I left Southern California (Beverly Hills area) I don't get to keep up on these exotic ferin cars. I saw my first late model RR, in the Pacific Northwest, just last nite. Been here since 1988.<br /><br />ps, what kind of paint did they use?

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

Looks like maybe a Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas here in the states?...minus the leaping cat on the hood...or should I say bonnet?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by craze1cars:<br /> Looks like maybe a Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas here in the states?...minus the leaping cat on the hood...or should I say bonnet?
...but where does Daimler come in??

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Boomyal<br /><br />The Daimler Motor Company is Britains oldest car maker, founded in Jan 1896, they built very high quality cars and limousines. In 1960 Jaguar purchased the rights to the Daimler name and used it on thier "top of the range" models. For some reason the Daimler marque was not used in the US instead the cars were badged as Vanden Plas.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by RPJS:<br /> Boomyal<br /><br />The Daimler Motor Company is Britains oldest car maker, founded in Jan 1896, they built very high quality cars and limousines. In 1960 Jaguar purchased the rights to the Daimler name and used it on thier "top of the range" models. For some reason the Daimler marque was not used in the US instead the cars were badged as Vanden Plas.
Gottcha RPJS, just always associated that name with Mercedes.<br /><br />What paint did they use on your masterpiece?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just gorgeous!! :D

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Boomyal<br /><br />I'm sorry I don't know the exact type of paint, just that it was a 2 pack base coat and 5 coats of 2 pack lacquer which was cut back with 2000 grit wet & dry before polishing.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />
Originally posted by RPJS:<br /> Boomyal<br /><br />The Daimler Motor Company is Britains oldest car maker, founded in Jan 1896, they built very high quality cars and limousines. In 1960 Jaguar purchased the rights to the Daimler name and used it on thier "top of the range" models. For some reason the Daimler marque was not used in the US instead the cars were badged as Vanden Plas.
Gottcha RPJS, just always associated that name with Mercedes.<br /><br />What paint did they use on your masterpiece?
You can associate it with Mopar now also. They bought Dodge/jeep/chrysler 3 years ago.

90skichallenger

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice color dude. Looks like they did a righteous job.<br />Always have loved Jag's, enjoy dude.<br />Later,