got fuel, got spark, got compression got no ignition

hypersniper

Banned
96 sugar sands mirage 120xr. after all my pain and suffering with the wiring, the broken crank, the wrong flywheel and then finally getting it going.... it let me down.... again.... i have good compression on all 4, good spark on all 4, i spray fuel into the plug holes and turn the key and get nothing. im baffled here. pull the float bowls on the carbs and they are full. i checked the fuel pump screen and it was clogged so i cleaned it. altho i had already cleaned it before so i replaced all the fuel line cause it looked like black rubber in there. but like i said i spray fuel into the plug holes and the engine just turns over. just the other day i was out flyin around on the lake and now this all of a sudden. i dont have a clue what happened but i have everyhing i need for the motor to start but it wont.:confused:

hypersniper

Banned
Re: got fuel, got spark, got compression got no ignition

got it ... sheared off the flywheel key somehow... how does this happen anybody got a clue?

Anders67

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Was in on timing.

Can happen when :

Stucked / to hot engine.

Whater in cylinder. when turning over.

Something stucked ore sucked in to jet pump.

Not tighted enought flyweel.

aksor

Petty Officer 2nd Class

you have to make sure that the flywheel nut is tight i think its supposed to be 120ft/lb and according to the manual the bolt should be replaced each time its serviced (yeah right) :p

hypersniper

Banned

think it was my own fault. forgot to tighten the bolt when i switched the flywheel to the right one. and for some reason the bolt thats on there is just a regular bolt with a washer thats too small. gonna get the correct one with the teflon center and the right washer so this dont happen again.