Good Tow Vehicle ? - Tow Rating ?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
What do you think the tow rating would be on this vehicle?
Seems it would make a nice over nighter for those weekend fishing trips.

s-l1600.jpg

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
FWD- 1000lbs, and that poor Transaxle takes a Beating with just that load

Edit: Actually the Extra Weight of the Hearse Mod, probably reduces its Tow Capacity to next to Zero

Last edited:

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
A lot of People were just Dying to get a ride in one of those

briangcc

Commander
Probably be fine with a pair of jet skis or a 14-16' tiller tinny. Wouldn't trust it much beyond that....at least not at the ramps I launch at.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
If you can find a 1994 thru 1996 RWD Fleetwood, it can tow a couple of Thousand Pounds, and if equipped with the Factory Tow Option, 7000lbs

aspeck

Staff member
It is enough to tow your useful worldly possessions to the cemetery when you go there ...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I was thinking the guy that mows lawn at 4 area cemeteries should have this to tow his mowers

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
If you can find a 1994 thru 1996 RWD Fleetwood, it can tow a couple of Thousand Pounds, and if equipped with the Factory Tow Option, 7000lbs
Why on earth would anyone buy one of those ugly pieces of junk?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I bought one for the Towing Capacity. It now has 13,000 miles on it. I also have 2 of the Buick Roadmasters, same Powertrain(5.7 LT1). These actually look like Cars, and ride nice, Novocain Numb, unlike my last generation STS, which rides so bloody hard, my Kidneys hurt. Cadillacs used to have nice comfortable seats, and interiors. Now they have horrible little Bucket Seats. I hate Trucks, as the Seating position is too uncomfortable to ride in for more than 10 minutes.

Last edited:

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
I have an '08 silverado, extended cab, 2wd, long bed. Aside from towing and hauling duties, It is a quiet, comfortable ride for hours on the highway. Trips to Co. and Alabama from Pa. hauling a show bike in the bed are no problem. The proof is that my girlfriend has no problem or complaint accompanying me.
and it's a WT, no carpet.....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I bought one for the Towing Capacity. It now has 13,000 miles on it. I also have 2 of the Buick Roadmasters, same Powertrain(5.7 LT1). These actually look like Cars, and ride nice, Novocain Numb, unlike my last generation STS, which rides so bloody hard, my Kidneys hurt. Cadillacs used to have nice comfortable seats, and interiors. Now they have horrible little Bucket Seats. I hate Trucks, as the Seating position is too uncomfortable to ride in for more than 10 minutes.
LOL...they are know as Buick Roaddisasters for a reason!

My F150 is one of the most comfortable vehicles I have ever owned and that includes my Lexus GS300.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
LOL...they are know as Buick Roaddisasters for a reason!

My F150 is one of the most comfortable vehicles I have ever owned and that includes my Lexus GS300.
You like what you like, which isn't the kind of Vehicle I would consider buying.

400,000 on one RM, and 300,000 on the other, which is driven daily, and doesn't burn oil, or misfire, I really can't call then Roaddisasters.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
You like what you like, which isn't the kind of Vehicle I would consider buying.

400,000 on one RM, and 300,000 on the other, which is driven daily, and doesn't burn oil, or misfire, I really can't call then Roaddisasters.
I am a fan of previous gens of GM land yachts as well as those from FoMoCo. If I could find a nice 94-95 Chevy Impala SS I'd buy one in a heart beat.
I am not so much a fan of modern vehicles, after you own one for a while the designed in nanny devices start to drive you crazy and I hate absolutely HATE modern CANBUS systems, when they act up lots a luck getting it fixed. Give me simple DC wiring with no microprocessors please. OK had my rant for the day now I feel better.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I am a fan of previous gens of GM land yachts as well as those from FoMoCo. If I could find a nice 94-95 Chevy Impala SS I'd buy one in a heart beat.
I am not so much a fan of modern vehicles, after you own one for a while the designed in nanny devices start to drive you crazy and I hate absolutely HATE modern CANBUS systems, when they act up lots a luck getting it fixed. Give me simple DC wiring with no microprocessors please. OK had my rant for the day now I feel better.
LOL....CAN bus actually makes diagnosis 1000 times easier. As a former GM engineer in the electronics portion of the company, was intimately familiar with that bus. If you don't have the proper diagnostic equipment, you can't do much. Of course not hard to get proper diagnostic equipment. As far as a serial interface goes, can't get much simpler than a CAN bus. It's slow and simple. BTW...CAN bus is two words...not one. If you don't like CAN bus, you are really not going to like the future when the vehicle will be mainly internet protocol busses except for some sensors. The company I just retired from made internet protocol test products. A small part but growing part of our business was working with automotive companies

My friend had a 94 Impala SS...another piece of junk. LOL...throttle body fuel injection. Sad to say, but GM started to die when they stuck with these outdated designs. There was no wonder they were bankrupt in a little more than 10 years.

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
You have no clue about the 1994 Impala SS, which puts everything you post into Question
Really? What did I get wrong? I worked for GM when that piece of junk was being made. That includes working at the Arizona proving grounds where they also tested the piece of junk.

And EVERYTHING I post huh? Is that just automotive or other subjects as well?

Last edited:

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
You should know what you got wrong if you are such an Expert