Good Search Words

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer
So recently I've been buying old/classic/antique outboard motors which are in various states of disrepair. My intention is to get them all in very good mechanical (and possibly cosmetic) condition and run them on a regular basis.

Recently I've been thinking that I'm going to need a classic "tinny" to run them on. I have a 90's 12' Sea Nymph, but I use that as my shallow fishing rig and I don't think the classic motors would be fully appreciated on the back of it. So I've been searching craigslist and ebay for some older aluminum. Some of the search words I've been using are as follows:

Lonestar
Alumacraft
Feathercraft
Starcraft
Gregor
and "old aluminum".

Are there any companies that manufactured aluminum boats in the '50s & '60s that I should keep in mind? I'm looking for something in the 12'-14' range that can handle up to a 18hp. I would like to restore it to original condition and let my outboards take turns pushing it. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

What a great excuse to show off some of my motors that I'll be running!:D

HPIM0807.jpg

HPIM0805.jpg

BOB

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Good Search Words

Sears
Texas Maid

And when looking for motor stuff don't forget to search "Evenrude". People always misspelling that one!