Good News For a Small Vol Fire Dept.

olbuddyjack

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Good News For a Small Vol Fire Dept.

You guys should have it in time to bring it to Barton next year. Hope to see ya there!

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Congrats OBJ our little town is hoping to be able to replace our '66 pumper this next year (if funds are available) For all VFF we fight an uphill battle to stay one step ahead with safer equip. and training. I just completed IL. phaze 2 training. ( vehicle,farm FF training)<br />Hope you never have to use the truck except for practice!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

olbuddyjack....glad to see another Valley Person on the forums. Should have the engine in Jan. or Feb. The chief and A/C made a trip to Michigan and took a look at the progress. Took about a million pics..... :) <br /><br />Starrider.....best bet is grants. Lottsa money out there under Homeland Security. Give it a look. It would be real nice if all we used the engines for is practice and parades....but I don't think it's going to happen in the foreseeable future.

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

OBJ the chief is looking into the grants and such but so far it isnt looking good...the town is just too small.(pop. 425) but I have been searching the web and found some sites that I gave to the chief. hopefully that will turn up something. heres to hoping for a quiet night.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

My little village ain't no bigger than that starrider. But what you have to consider also is your entire coverage area. We have one of the largest in the county. The grants are out there. Check the site below. Scroll down through the list and you will find what you need.<br /><br />Good luck to you and your department!<br /><br /> http://grantwritingusa.com/hsu.html

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for the site OBJ. chief has been on the phone this week and thinks the homeland security office in springfield can work up something for us. Heres to hope!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Good luck starrider.....keep us up to date. VFD's getting grants is always good news. :)

aspeck

Staff member

Just ordered our new MSA breathing apparatus! Way cool stuff. Looking forward to its arrival!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Congrats' to your Dept. aspeck....Did yun's get the hour bottles?? Light weight I hope? It makes a difference.