Good News Fellas!!

KaGee

Admiral
Today...December 21st marks the winter soltice... which means.... sometime later today the sun will begin it's journey back north again!! Just think... we'll all be back on the water in three to four months and the days will start to lengthen now. HALLLELUJAH!!!<br /><br />(Sorry to the folks down under, don't mean to offend... look on the bright side... you have another 3-4 months of quality, on-water time!)

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Good News Fellas!!

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Today...December 21st marks the winter soltice... which means.... sometime later today the sun will begin it's journey back north again!! Just think... we'll all be back on the water in three to four months and the days will start to lengthen now. HALLLELUJAH!!!<br /><br />(Sorry to the folks down under, don't mean to offend... look on the bright side... you have another 3-4 months of quality, on-water time!)
12.gif
KaGee.... Thats still a long bloody time. Stop taunting me like that. I was ready to go.

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank God... I'm ready for spring, and back on the water...

spratt

Lieutenant

KaGee, maybe Ohio gets blessed way before Washington, but we won't see nice dry non-rainy overcast days till July 5th...right Link!!?? July 4th is about our turn around time, though it has gotten warmer by then, it usually rains up till then and tehn we sometimes get some blistering hot summer days around 80 degrees, and if we are lucky it even falls on a weekend!!!!!!!!! So, I will make sure the boat is ready to pop into the water the Saturday summer comes to visit us here!!!!! Thanks for teasing us so...

KaGee

Admiral

SPRATT...but we won't see nice dry non-rainy overcast days till July 5th...
For those who live in Washinton State...<br /><br />
4_1_209.gif
SUCKS TO BE YOU!
4_1_209.gif

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

drunkmouse.gif
<br /> WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

spratt

Lieutenant

Awww, now, KaGee, I wouldn't go THAT far...on almost any given day we can drive to the top of a mountain and get above the dreary weather and see the clouds from the topside...it doesn't rain UP!!!

gaugeguy

Captain

Can't even think about spring yet, the ice on my bass pond is now 5" thick. I am gonna go drown some shiners Sunday.

spratt

Lieutenant

GG, that avator just kills me...I keep expecting the little guy to get up and slam the other fella down...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> GG, that avator just kills me...I keep expecting the little guy to get up and slam the other fella down...
That is the best avatar. Need to start a topic.

gaugeguy

Captain

Just hope that isn't me and my buddy when we go ice fishing Sunday ;)

aspeck

Staff member

Hey, when you are on the equator, it is all the same and really doesn't matter where the sun and the position of the earth is. Length of day changes about 15 - 20 minutes over the course of the year, that is all. And it is bloody hot no matter what!

spratt

Lieutenant

Yeah, aspeck, that equator...last time I was there, well, really I ain't EVER been there...but I HEARD it gets pretty warm down / up there...can't say UP OR DOWN, can ye'??? It ain't neither...

Dunaruna

Admiral

Kagee, I hate to rub salt in the wound but we don't get freezes downunder, we boat 12 months of the year. Sorry :cool: <br /><br />Merry Christmas<br /><br />Aldo

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

<br />sometime later today the sun will begin it's journey back north again!!<br />
Bad news everyone - the weather's running late...the sun hasn't even arrived down here yet... :( :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Here in Washington, it is running down my window as I look out...and it is grey...isn't the sun supposed to be bright and shiny, sort of like a LIGHT BULB???

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

The Canadian weather is scheduled to arrive tomorrow afternoon - the temp will probably drop 30 degrees or more in a couple hours or less. That'll be the end of my boating season for at least two weeks!<br /><br />Why can't you hosers just keep your dang cold fronts up there in the great white north, eh? :)

spratt

Lieutenant

Those Canadiuhns really enjoy sharing!!! Remember they are giving refuge to lots of disgruntles from below the border, namely the US of A....so in rrturn they send US the weather...like they wanna be in control or sumpin!!! <br /><br />And we can't do a bloody thing about it!!!!!!! MAybe gramps old fan can blow that stuff back up there...hmmmm, what an idea...

KaGee

Admiral

Aldo....<br /><br />Oh the pain.... you didn't have to twist that dagger after you stabbed me with that 12 month remark! AGONY!!!!<br />
4_2_108.gif