good beginner fiberglass info

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
fibreglast.com. I was searching for info on my boat and came across this site. Good stuff.

Bill_in_PDX

Seaman Apprentice
Re: good beginner fiberglass info

I found a movie on netlfix that will be here tommorow on fiberglass and gelcoat repair. I'll let you know how it is.

Bill

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good. I am a member of netflix. Let me know what the name of it is. I guess the resources are everywhere. I never would have thought of netflix.

Bill_in_PDX

Seaman Apprentice

The name is...Fiberglass Repairs Made Easy: Fiberglass Gelcoat Damage: Vol 1. The movie # is 149135. Just sitting down to watch it. I'll let you how it is.

Bill

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

interesting, let us know if it is worth while, could be good reference for newbies.

erikgreen

Captain

If you guys don't know about it, check out www.smartflix.com too, they have a wide range of rental technical videos... lots of good stuff there, including I think this title and some others on boats and engines.

Also welding, machinist tools, painting, etc.

Cost is higher than netflix, but you can't find some of these videos elsewhere.

Erik

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I rented the movie from netflix. It covers a guy fixing a small crack. It did give me some info on how to apply the layers of glass. Unfortunately it is only a small spot, about 10" square. I would like to see a video on laying in large areas and especially transoms and stringers. Two of the most sought after topics I see here. Even if they are 2 hours long and boring as heck to watch, it would be worth every second.