Goats and Jehovah

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
That's a line from a Movie, Ben Hur, from Pontius Pilate, before he was sent to the mideast. He was not happy about the move. It struck me as I watched this old film, that many of our soldiers are not happy about being sent to the mideast, and yet, just as Pilate, they oblige.<br /><br />Those of us here need to show them that they who have been sent are greatly appreciated. Both conservatives, liberals, both African American ,and Asian American. <br />But instead, we bicker about why,what,how, who,when,where. None of this will change the fact that they are there, liberating two fronts in this global war. <br />As JB posted, we complain, and have little good to say about much of anything, much worse, this war.<br />When we bring up the subject of our military, we iether condemn them, those that have sent them into harm's way, or other fellow American, and never the despicable,evil force that placed them there. I am not refering to our official administration. I am refering to the enemy,which is Islamic terrorism. For the word, 'terrorism' to be set next to "Islamic", is just about the hardest thing for a religous person to stomach uttering, much less, believe those it refers to, capable of such evil as it unleashed upon the USS Cole, and the 9/11 attacks on Humanity, who's only classification by them as "enemy", was that they were within our borders.<br /><br />And yet, before us, lay the bodies of those who would stop this. Our society frowns upon revenge, so this element of warfare is never waged by the American fighting person, even after such savage attrocities as that upon those who would deliver food or fuel to thier towns, be killed, dismembered, drug thru thier filthy streets, and thier bodies strung-up....And these are our civilians! But place a uniform on these souls, and it changes nothing. What strength they hold-up,as examples of humanity!<br />And yet, we consider them as pawns in our petty opions. And don't treply to thnis, saying, "not me" ---we all are in some form, guilty of this.<br />I'm posting this in a small effort to thank those who have given-up thier comforts, left thier families and homes, to serve in the greatest fighting force on the face of the planet,and sometimes, thier own lives, protecting us, liberating countries full of those formerly governed by the evils of terrorism, and taking our own fight for our freedoms, to the enemy's caves, or setting-up self governing societies in the vuccuum from the removal of tyranny.<br /><br />Perhaps, you will join me in showing your appreciation, by sending a box of cookies (not that they would get there in time or in one piece)--- But it would then be FAR more than a box of stale crumbs. It would be a clear gesture of gratitude, love and concern for them.<br />Perhaps a more-practical respose, would be to mow the grass of the fighting-nieghbor's home in his/her absense.<br />Or maybee, go to one of the sights listed below. <br />"HOMEFRONT" <br /><br /> "OPERATION: MILITARY PRIDE"<br />Just as with anything else, watch ouit for scams, as there are those who would exploit these fine men and women , even if they would not kill them outright...But even others, who are willing to sell them out!<br />For the rest of us, there is this. And in the end, only this that we can do, besides our prayers.

Roger Rose

Cadet
Re: Goats and Jehovah

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men and women stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" I inserted 'and women' to George Oswells quote. 12Footer,thanks for the website. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hey,, GMG3 !! great to see you on iboats!<br />Welcome, my friend! And I hope you like this great site and the people here. Check out the other threads. Talk about "boating"...Iboats is re-defining it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This has been hashed out on here over and over.<br />Everyone here knows about the service men and women that have gave it all and will continue to do so.<br /><br />Don't matter what you post, some will still bash the Prez and whomever else they want to at any given time.<br /><br />And yea, I hate the "things", that's the best word I can use, that did the 9/11 thing.<br />Anyone here that knows me knows why also.<br /><br />But still yet you will have those, and I won't say any names, that find fault in everything this administration does.<br /><br />It would not matter if they were giving away free money to people, something would be wrong with that.<br /><br />So, yea it would be nice if they could all get along, but it won't happen in mine or your lifetime.<br /><br />BTW, I don't do much to support the troops, fly my flag, say prayers for them etc. but I sure do support those that lost something in 9/11.<br /><br />'nuff said.