Go Ahead, hurt my feelings . . .

dwa714

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2
. . . and tell me I got shafted.

I remember being in a boat once when I was 8 or 9. That's all I know about boats.

Just picked this up for $4000

1999 Fisher 16 Dominator, Force 40 and matching trailer.

Guy says he just had the local boat shop check it & do whatever it needed. So I called 'em & they confirmed; tune up, rebuilt the water pump, replaced lube in lower unit and a new stainless steel propeller.

Brand new tires & rims on the trailer, 3 new batteries (2 installed in the boat and a spare).

Took it to the lake before I made the purchase & everything seems to work as it should . . .

starboardside.jpg


portside.jpg


keel.jpg


So, did I take it in the keel, or make a good deal?
 

PS94

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Aug 1, 2009
Messages
293
Re: Go Ahead, hurt my feelings . . .

Depends where you're located. Where I live,Northern Alberta) that boat would have to be stolen for that price....but in the states, where the economy has tanked..Who knows?!
 

dwa714

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2
Re: Go Ahead, hurt my feelings . . .

south Mississippi
 

raven7

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Joined
Aug 20, 2009
Messages
86
Re: Go Ahead, hurt my feelings . . .

I paid $3700 last year for a '97 17' Dominator with matching trailer and Force 40hp. I think you're right on the money for what you got. Now enjoy it.
 

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
23,767
Re: Go Ahead, hurt my feelings . . .

Ya got shafted but only cuz it's a Force. If that was another brand motor I'd say you got a decent deal. In my area fishing boats like that seem to go for a premium. That one looks to have been well cared for and I wish you luck with it. Welcome to the forum.
 
Top