GM INVITES AMERICA TO BE PART OF THE “GM FAMILY”

HeadnSouth

Seaman
GM INVITES AMERICA TO BE PART OF THE “GM FAMILY” . . . For the first time in its history, GM is offering its employee discount to everyone who takes delivery of a new 2005 GM car or truck beginning today, June 1, and running through July 5, 2005. With the “GM Employee Discount for Everyone,” prices are prominently displayed on eligible vehicles at participating GM dealerships. Consumers also can confirm the price of a specific vehicle by entering the vehicle’s VIN number at http://www.gmbuypower.com. The program includes all 2005 GM cars and trucks, except for the Chevrolet Corvette, and is compatible with most other incentives currently available. “Our employees are extremely proud of the company they work for and the products they build,” said Brent Dewar, GM North America vice president of Marketing and Advertising. “In recent months there has been plenty of news about GM, but not enough said about our industry leading product lineup. We want to bring the focus back to what drives our business – great cars and trucks. This program gives everybody a chance to drive the vehicles that we drive and pay the price that we pay.” The “GM Employee Discount for Everyone” will be supported by significant broadcast, print and online media featuring GM employees. Advertising will begin on June 3.<br />As a GM employee this is a helluva deal if your in the market for a new vehicle. :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: GM INVITES AMERICA TO BE PART OF THE “GM FAMILY”

Is this a form of solicitation? :D :D :D <br />Sorry, already got 2 new vehicles, don't need anymore right now.

HeadnSouth

Seaman

Well, I guess it is ;) I need about 15 more years. :( <br /> :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

"That'll be the day." <br /><br />John Wayne, in about a dozen films.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Shows what happens when Japan gives people cars that are well built instead of the crap that the USA has been building. The US automakers have had shoved garbage at us for too long now they're paying for it. They have to use every gimmick they can think of to sell their cars now.

JRJ

Commander

Just hang on, GM is gonna build a plant in China.

D

DJ

Just hang on, GM is gonna build a plant in China.
So what, we should deny them access to the biggest market in the world?<br /><br />We don't seem to have a problem with transplants here.

NYMINUTE

Captain

GM has been living fat for a long time. The competition is strong from Korea & Japan. GM needs to look at the top and cut the fat. Too many overpaid, under utilized managers. The US car buyers will not bail them out this easily.<br />10 year warantee from Kia or a 3 Year from GM or Ford? It is easy.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

GM and Ford will still have to compete with the likes of Toyota, Nissan and the other Asian manufacturers who are also going to be building vehicles in China.<br />Don't forget the european manufacturers are interested in supplying the Chinese consumer as well, and they have a history of propping up their manufacturers with their tax revenues.<br />What is appealing to my interest, is to witness how this is all going to be played out, and in a mere 25 years from now, what will be the effect on the American manufacturing capability.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Sorry.. Don't need a new one... At 300,000 miles+ a few, my GM's just barely getting broke in... :cool:

rwise

Captain

about $15 a gallon for fuel thats how

PW2

Commander

GM already has several plants in China--serving the Chinese market.<br /><br />They ship the parts over from North America, and assemble them there.<br /><br />The exact same thing happened during the last energy crisis--the American companies wanted to keep making the gas guzzlers because there was more profit in them--but they couldn't sell them any longer. And Toyota and Honda and the like simply made better smaller cars.

Xcusme

Commander

Ha! What a hoot!<br /><br />GM won't stand behind faulty head gaskets on their 3.4L motors and they want me to buy GM again?? Not on your life.

D

DJ

look at the top and cut the fat.
The fat is in the UAW.<br /><br />$1,700.00 per vehicle for healthcare and almost as much for litigation reserves.<br /><br />The transplants DO NOT have EITHER of those expenses.<br /><br />GM will NOT have those expenses in China.

PW2

Commander

Nor do they have those expenses in Canada. They have national health care, and don't need the expensive health care coverage.<br /><br />The companies, and the UAW, agreed to contracts. You think the UAW should have declined what was offered to them?<br /><br />Companies that claim to have union problems invariably have management problems.<br /><br />And the parts for the Chinese assembly plants mostly come from Canada, where health care funding is not a big issue.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

The fat may very well be the UAW, DJ, but you and I will still end up paying for unemployment compensation for the laid-off UAW and non-union auto workers if/when GM starts importing from China..<br /><br />Pay me now, or pay me later..

Homerr

Commander

Don't own a GM car, and never will...<br /><br />I agree though... The American car companies have been going down hill for a long time.<br /><br />H.

Laddies

Banned

Why do some people think you must buy J/junk? My 1992 Chrysler has 240,000 on it, it,s worn out two transmissons, 3 or 4 brake jobs, a couple of wheel brgs. gets the oil changed twice a year if it needs it or not (straight 40#) and still don't use oil. I dissided at 100,000 to see how far it would go, but now it looks like our road salt may win the battle--Bob