Petty Officer 3rd Class
followed directions ,,

crap set up in 10-15 min

I could tell it was working too fast can was so hot I could not hold it :mad:

I only liked 10 15 rivets :mad:

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Gluvit sux

Something not right there... I just Gluvit my hull a few days ago. I mixed the whole lil can of catalyst/hardner with the can of gluvit and got my whole hull done in about 70-80 mins and it was just starting to gel just then..... what ratio did you mix?

dunno what to tell ya machine.. weird.

MACHINE

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ordered quart kit , it worked well for about 15 min then GOT HOT in another 10 min you could not get it to lay out

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

bad batch? too much nitroglucusephophate or polyethyltrilne, if I was guessing....

lol...

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

Did you mix it in the right proportions? Or was the air temperature too hot? Above 70 deg it starts to set up faster. I mixed 1/4 can with I believe it was 2 oz of hardener (I think that was in an 8 oz can) Basically I used 1/4 of each can, oz measured on a paper cup, that gave me more time to put it on. It sets up just like epoxy or polyester resin does. You put in too much hardener, or it's too hot outside, and it'll set up too fast.

sschefer

Rear Admiral

That is odd, I usually have a hard time waiting for it to cure and it always remains flexible. I've used it in 100deg weather. My vote is for a bad batch.

KellyC

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I just did my Islander today with glovit, I mixed the whole can and hardener. It was the 2 lb can and I had about 70-80 minutes as well and it never got to warm that I noticed. It did start to setup though at the end and there was a tiny little bit left in the can and it was setup enough a couple hours later that I could not pull the brush out that I left in there. So it sounds like you got a bad batch to me, or it was way hot there. Sorry to hear that you had a bad time with it though.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

followed directions ,,

crap set up in 10-15 min

I could tell it was working too fast can was so hot I could not hold it :mad:

I only liked 10 15 rivets :mad:
where do you live and the temp yesterday. I would send it back or call whom ever you bought the gloveit
from..Most stores will replace it as they are reinbursed for returns .

MACHINE

Petty Officer 3rd Class

92 I think

it did great till it started setting up

man that stuff went nuke on me

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Did you mix the resin part well before adding the catalyst? I know mine was seperated quite a bit.

Huron Angler

Admiral

I have had this happen to two batches of regular epoxy resin, the glass guys can tell you exactly what causes this. I think it happens it you mix it in a container that's too skinny and deep?

Shallow containers like roller trays seems to work best.

It will start smoking and cure immedietely, not good at all.:(

Also some plastic containers do not work well with epoxy, not sure if that has anything to do with it.