Global warming?

18rabbit

Captain
Re: Global warming?

It is very unlikely there is any global warming. The earth is still cooling. There is more ice now than 30-years ago. But there are a couple of other things that are worth keeping a close eye on. Neither of them affords inroads for a political agenda, yet. Both are enough to leave one feeling less like an inhabitant and more like a visitor in a dangerous domain. The earth is not static…it is very dynamic.<br /><br />For one thing, the magnetic poles are reversing. The speed with which this is happening is exponential. The last 50-years has seen a huge change. We now have two South Poles…or one South Pole with a major leak. :) This magnetic shift has happened with some regularity. We are several millennia past due for it. Current estimates put it less than 100-years out. The flow of the magnetic field from the south to the North Pole is thought to be what causes the ozone. At some point during the reversal, will there be a state of equilibrium between the poles…and if so, what happens to the ozone that protects the earth from the sun’s solar radiation during that time? :confused: <br /><br />The other concern is a possible shifting in the axis the earth rotates on. If that happens it will be catastrophic on a scale unknown…because the planet is 2/3’s water. There is very strong evidence this has happened in the past and may be the reason for mass extinction of critters. No one has a clue how it happens, only that it does happen, so there is no timeframe to watch for. Could happen today, tomorrow, or a billion years out. We just don’t know. :eek: If you go on the frequency of mass extinctions, we are over due for this one, also.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Good point 18 rabbit.<br /><br />It is very arrogant for humans to believe they could have a significant impact on these large scale things. Humans qucikly forget our history here is only a minute fraction of the earths life.<br /><br />There are forces acting on this big ball of rock that are greater than we could ever imagine. We are all just passengers.<br /><br />P.S. Good luck with your compass when the poles switch!<br /><br />Ken

18rabbit

Captain

(I’m trying to post pictures for the installation of a bypass oil filter but I can’t get on 66.136.189.194 … I think it’s down … so, until it’s back up, we chat. :) )<br /><br />
There are forces acting on this big ball of rock ...
Are you sure? The earth’s crust is estimated about 25-miles thick with liquid magna below that. There is something called ‘deep earthquakes’ … Peru had one a couple of years ago. It was targeted at 700 miles deep inside the earth. How does liquid magna cause an earthquake? … it can’t!!! Either something is in error with the way earthquakes are targeted or there is no liquid magna at the center.<br /><br />Earthquakes and volcanoes happen where the tectonic plates collide. The pressure at the seams generates enough constant heat to melt anything we know of…hence the volcanoes. Volcanoes don’t randomly appear where there are no seams so it is possible the magna they produce is the result of pressure between the plates, not from a liquid core. Also, the speed at which the earth rotates is consistent with astral bodies of spinning gas and not bodies of spinning solids.<br /><br />The theory that the earth is solid comes from the quantity of gravity the earth exerts. It is theorized gravity is a function of mass and to have the gravity that we have the earth would need to be solid. Problem is we don’t really know squat about gravity.<br /><br />So, take your pick…it can be a "big ball of rock", or it can be a hollow shell of rock.

Carphunter

Commander

Overpopulation will be the downfall of humans.<br />Were well on our way.

18rabbit

Captain

I was think that if the earth is really hollow, can we put everyone at the North Pole and flip the earth over? :D

dogsdad

Lieutenant

There's no doubt in my mind that all this global warming BS is being promoted by people who are desperate to destroy our economic system and establish world government. In fact, there is no doubt in my mind that this is what's behind the environmental movement in general. <br /><br />I'm not saying that if you are for keeping our lakes and rivers clean, you're a one-worlder. But, the environmentalists are using a huge umbrella of their invention and have cleverly synthesized a coalition of unwitting participants. In other words, a lot of sincere and well-meaning people are being used shamelessly to undermine freedom and free enterprise.<br /><br />-dd-

KennyKenCan

Commander

I really don't believe in this global warming thing.<br /><br />It's just another way that the lazy people of this country have figured out, how to just get grant monies from the government, and then complain that their not getting enough money from the government to complete their studies on global warming, when in fact, they are just sitting home watching "Days of Our Lives" and "General Hospital".

LubeDude

Admiral

Its true that the envionmental nuts are following a personal agenda. The problem with this warm fuzy feeling is that it is costing people jobs and actually causing more problems than it is fixing in many instances. They have succeded in ruining the Oregon coast. Now they want most of the beaches closed so we dont scare the little Snowy Plover, of which there are literally hundreds of thousand of them in other places around the county, but they are listed as endangered Its true than there is absolutly nothing we could do about it even if it was true. The USA is the only country even thinking about the environment so even if we stopped driving all together it wouldnt do squat to help global warming if it did exhist. Makes me want to throw up. :mad:

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Ther may be global warming...I don't know...what I do know is that we havn't got anything to do with it...christ, we can't even control the pigs in Texas...just a Thought :p

KennyKenCan

Commander

LubeDude,<br /><br />If them Snowy Plovers are anything like the Piping Plovers we have over here on the east coast, that close most of the beaches for most of the summer, remember this...<br /><br />They taste just like chicken!<br /><br />Just watch them little bones, there a ditch if one them get's stuck in the back of your throat!<br /><br />Happy Hunting!

gaugeguy

Captain

My great, great, great grandchildren are counting on global warming so they will have beachfront property. ;)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Environmentalism as a religion. Reality doesn't matter to these nuts..

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

you guys get showtime? check out penn & teller's<br />show; BS! the origional founder of greenpeace is<br />on the "global warming" episode. also have a great<br />PETA show where they tell about how they euphanizd<br />a few thousand animals themselves... good TV ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by KKC:<br />sitting home watching "Days of Our Lives" and "General Hospital".
Hey Marlena ain't the killer. That I know.<br />I think it's the one ol Stephie made that is her twin doing all the killing. :)

KennyKenCan

Commander

SBN and mellow,<br /><br />I can't beleive you guy's actually know something about them soaps. :confused: <br /><br />I gotta get my Manly Manual out, and check out what's wrong with you guy's! :D <br /><br />There definitly has to have something in there about this! <br /><br />LoL :D :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by KKC:<br />SBN and mellow,<br /><br />I can't beleive you guy's actually know something about them soaps. :confused: <br /><br />I gotta get my Manly Manual out, and check out what's wrong with you guy's! :D <br /><br />There definitly has to have something in there about this! <br /><br />LoL :D :)
Nothing wrong with me.<br />After Days, it's Passions.<br /> :cool: :cool:

KennyKenCan

Commander

Well SBN,<br /><br />According to the Manly Manual, Chapter 306, paragraph 4, it states:<br /><br />
"Never, ever admitt to anyone that you actually watch soap operas.<br /><br />Admission to this fact could kill the male homosapian, just because the woman would say...<br /><br />"See honey, I knew you were weak!"<br /><br />This would just be unacceptable to the rest of us normal male homosapians"
So SBN, if you watch them there soaps, don't spread the news around too much.<br /><br />We just can't let them woman know these little things.<br /><br />Sometimes, things are better left unsaid.<br /><br />(Note: This is not an assault on SBN, just a little joke. Sorry for the fun at SBN's expence, but sometimes I just can't resist. I'm sure if I ever get to meet SBN face to face, he'll probably punch me right in the nose, and then buy me a root beer.)

18rabbit

Captain

The soap opera I watch is the Sopranos on HBO. I don't watch much on broadcast TV anymore.

Link

Rear Admiral

KKC <br />Most men don't know much about "real soap" let alone TV soap! ACK And MY & SBN are not from CA either :confused: :confused: <br />Send them something Manly for Christmas like Duct Tape. Mabe that will help! :D :D <br />Or let them watch the RED/GREEN show.. :) <br /><br />As to the center of the earth... according to one source at least ref: Art Bell and Coast to Coast AM, that is where the Martians live! <br /><br />Have a great weekend people<br /><br />Link<br />"The voices in my head don't really bother me. What does bother me is that they don't speak English!"