glastron wiring help

wingman74

Cadet
I have a 2000 gx185 i bought this boat and it runs fine. But some idiot has been messing with the wiring. I have a purple wire with a ringlet laying by the starter that looks like it should be connected to the starter solenoid and they have jumped the fuel pump to a hot when the key is on so the fuel pump runs anytime the key is one. I would think the fuel pump would energize with the key is turned to start. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know where to find a glastron wiring diagram for the fuel pump relay system

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... What motor, 'n drive,..??..??

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Guessing a volvo package

Purple wire by starter should connect to the opposite primary post from yel/red at the starter solenoid. This allows voltage to be applied to the fuel pump only while cranking. Once the engine starts and runs the alternator primary circuit provides voltage to the pump

wingman74

Cadet
thanks for the reply. I figured that was the deal. I checked and someone changed the starter to a single start post starter. So i have to unravel some morons corner cutting. The purple wire has 12 volts on it. The fuel pump relay is engaged all the time so they tied a jumper wire into the ingition on hot wire so the fuel pump runs anytime the ingition is in the on position. Everything works well except that for the fuel pump runs anytime the ingition is in the on position. The jumpering was done under the back deck.
So I will have to trace out the harness and change the starter.