Glasstream 1550 ProBass

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I acquired a 1987 Glasstream Bass Boat with a 1985 Mercury 75hp<br />The prop is a QSS 19p QuickSilver Prop. <br />What kind of preformance shouild I expect from this boat and motor. <br />I cant seem to find anything about this boat.<br />The motor does not have power tilt/trim at this time. Will a CMC jackplate with a 5 1/2 setback help with top end preformance:confused:

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Glasstream 1550 ProBass

The boat is 15'6" and is fairly wide at the transom. It looks like it has a good pad and<br />The front of the hull is like a tri-hull but about halfway back it is like a vee-bottom fiberglass bass boat with strakes and a pad it also has a hard chine. For its size it looks like it could be a good boat.<br /><br /> I cant find anything about this boat. What kind of preformance and speed should I expect.<br /><br />Tight Lines and Solid Hooksets :D ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT :D

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I finaly found some info on the boat. Glasstream went out in the late eightys and went to BasStream who just went out of business 1/1/02.<br /><br />Here are some pics and specs.<br /><br />
1550001.jpg
<br />
1550_sm_comp.gif
<br /><br />1550 Pro Standard Features <br />Cleats,Bow & Stern Eyes,Navigation Lights,Boltaflex Prefixx Vinyl,Bilge Pump,Teleflex Steering,Aerator Pump,12 / 24 trolling receptacle w/charge plug,All aluminum lids <br /><br />Length.....15' 6" <br />Beam.....68" <br />Approx. Hull Weight.....700 lbs. <br />Fuel Capacity (optional).....12 gal. <br />Max Power.....75 HP <br /><br /> :eek: These guys also made a 15'boat rated for 120hp :eek:

s.hadley81

Petty Officer 1st Class

I know im waaaaaaaaayyyy late but I figured I would out this out there for anybody looking but I have probass 1550 I damn near completely restored w/ classic 50hp merc and I love this boat youll be hard pressed to find a better fishing platform in that size think the fact that I bought a bigger boat and am keeping my little faithful says a lot I absolutely love this little boat beats any one I know with an aluminum in the same size

Fun Times

Staff member

I know im waaaaaaaaayyyy late
Hi there, How about we place this thread down in the boat manufacturer D-L section found at the bottom of the home page. There you will find a list of boat manufacturers with a forum section specifically for the Glasstream Boats. In there, you'll be welcomed to talk about this this boat anytime you'd like to.:)

s.hadley81

Petty Officer 1st Class

just for any one looking I have the same boat w/ a classic merc 50 and ilove this boat perfect for two guys fishing I love so much I bought a new boat and kept it

gm280

Supreme Mariner

I don't know much about the Glasstream 1550 series boat, but Glasstream use to be a boating company in Georgia. I had one of their 15' HydroBass series boats. And it had a 115 inline six Mercury OB on it, and it would fly. My boat was a chopper-gun built boat instead of a hand-laid mat setup. And for the most part, I liked mine. I used it religiously for about ten years and sold it because I just finished building a new home and my interest were on other things at that time. I did contemplate for a few day over the 1550 ProBass series and the 15 HydroGlass series. Both had great lines, but the HydroBass won out. I do like the lines and profile on the 1550 ProBass series though! If the wood is good on yours, it would be a great fishing boat indeed...

Last edited: