Getting ready for the season!!

xirocrtx

Seaman
Just seen that some back waters of the Mississippi are clear. Wow, I can't wait until I can try out my new (to me) pontoon!! Anyone else in the Illinois/Wisconsin/Iowa area getting anxious!! I think I should pull the trigger and get the tach, grill and extra life jackets ordered so when the time rolls around, I'm ready. Any suggestions on these items? I found a few promo codes on retailmenot.com for a few different marine stores. Safe boating! Thanks!

The Rooster

Ensign
Re: Getting ready for the season!!

Just seen that some back waters of the Mississippi are clear. Wow, I can't wait until I can try out my new (to me) pontoon!! Anyone else in the Illinois/Wisconsin/Iowa area getting anxious!! I think I should pull the trigger and get the tach, grill and extra life jackets ordered so when the time rolls around, I'm ready. Any suggestions on these items? I found a few promo codes on retailmenot.com for a few different marine stores. Safe boating! Thanks!

Yes, it's time to prepare !!! I would just add to check out the iboats store first. Good luck !!!

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Snickers, your running late, mine has been on the slip a month. :D

xirocrtx

Seaman

Lucky!! I have been watching iboats prices and they are very competitivly priced. And found a promo code already, just need to pull the trigger and spend the money. It's hard because I won't get to enjoy it for a month or so. Hopefully!

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We won't be in the water for at least another month.....probably late April or early May.

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class

Snickers, your running late, mine has been on the slip a month. :D[/QUOTE

luckey you, still snowing up where my pontoon is located. we had around 6 inches on saturday, :cold:
maybe by may I will get it in the water

cc350

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mine never leaves the water :) Sits in a covered slip 24/7/365 except when we use it.... :p It's nice to go out and fish all winter.

xirocrtx

Seaman

I have snowmobiles to keep me busy in the winter. I enjoy that also. We head to Wisconsin by Hayward area a couple times each year. And run ice drags around here. But come summer, I'm a river rat!! That and drag racing cars. Wow, I got too many hobbies!! My pontoon seen more snow today too...

rb8484

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ive been ready for.....well, 6 months! lol. I just put new carpet on mine in a friends barn, now it is sitting next to my house all covered waiting for the weather to break so I can get out there and finish up the little details from when I did the carpet. Also have all new speakers and amp to put in........soooo ready!!!

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class

Excited for spring/summer here!!
Almost done rebuilding my toon...rails need a couple more coats of paint and then it's time to put down the new carpet as soon as the weather cooperates. Throw on my newly recovered seats and wire everything up and it's Boating Time :)

xirocrtx

Seaman

Just got my slip today! It's a 20 foot uncovered with electric and water for $1000. Gotta figure out where to put the trailer for the Summer months. They want $190 for that.
I need some ideas for my cover. It's a universal that has the straps that go all the way underneath the boat. Thinking about making the straps more permanent. They would be shortened and attached to the sides above the toons. I do have docking fingers on both sides.