DukeDelago
Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter- Joined
- Jul 17, 2009
- Messages
- 46
I take a great deal of pride in my solo launching/retrieving abilities, usually being able to launch, park the truck, and pull away from the dock in 3/4 minutes. Every once in a while though I get humbled a bit! (deservedly so!) Last time I went out to a ramp I'm unfamiliar with and it was a busy day. Fear not, I'm getting ready to impress everyone behind me with how quickly I can get this boat wet, right? Not so much. I back the trailer according to plan, but when the fenders are at the waterline, the boat hasn't moved. Assuming that the ramp is not as steep as I am used to I back up a little more until my trucks exhaust pipe is gurgling under water! (i know, I know. and thank god for 4x4). Now I'm really frustrated and wade into the water and start pushing the bow with all my might and nothing. I get back out and try hauling on the line from the dock, still nothing. I know I can't back in any further and I'm seeing the people next to me launching a much larger boat with no problem. By now I am extremely embarrassed and frustrated and back into the water I go to push again. That's when I noticed I had never released the bow strap or safety chain. Well, at least the plug was in!