getting boat on trailor

78big10

Petty Officer 2nd Class
ive got a 1972 lund trihull nice old boat single axel trailor get it half way on and takes all i got to crank it on up im thinking there might be some rooler adjustment any idea would help

Expidia

Commander
Re: getting boat on trailor

Post some pictures. This would make it easier for someone to help you diagnose the problem.

78big10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

can you tell me where to go to attach pictures new at this

Expidia

Commander

can you tell me where to go to attach pictures new at this

I'm new too! The pics I posted on another thread were put into an AOL picture gallery which I made public. I then copied the address and pasted it into my thread.

Here is a sample of how I did it:

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/expidia/

I'm sure some others will chime in to show us an easy way to show pics in a thread though.

hannahb

Cadet

Next time the boat is off the trailer make sure that all the rollers roll i had a bad one once and it sucked. If thats not it try backing the trailer in a little further. If thats not it get a gear reduction crank. I have one for my boat a 23' tank ,yea you crank alot longer but it's alot eaiser.

QuadManiac

Petty Officer 1st Class

When in the reply box, look way down at the bottom: Manage Attachments. Click it, and up pops a window that lets u upload an image from your computer. Caution, no bigger than 620x280.

example:

Attachments

• bayliner-laughlin.jpg
    bayliner-laughlin.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 0

78big10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

will try some pictures this weekend the roolers do turn replaced several of them there is an adjutment slot to move them up and down

Expidia

Commander

When in the reply box, look way down at the bottom: Manage Attachments. Click it, and up pops a window that lets u upload an image from your computer. Caution, no bigger than 620x280.

example:

But how do some posters get a full size picture in their thread. Some get 3 or 4 pics. Those thumbnails are pretty useless to see any detail when you click on them?

78big10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

got some pict taken hope this helps

Attachments

• IM001490.JPG
    IM001490.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IM001493.JPG
    IM001493.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IM001494.JPG
    IM001494.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 0

Expidia

Commander

Thx for posting those pics . . . from what I see it looks like there is decent support. And you say the rollers do turn OK.

I would do as another poster already suggested and buy a new crank. Go online to overton.com or Iboats and you will see they have many different models and they are pretty cheap.

That gear reduction model is a good idea as has been suggested. I owned a similar boat as in your picture and it was pretty heavy to crank up as I remember.

Decent new winch is probably around $50 and some come with a new strap too!

78big10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If i back her in any further id have to swim to the winch will try a better winch thanks for both replys maybe put wife on winch end

Expidia

Commander
Re: getting boat on trailer

Re: getting boat on trailer

I thought of the position the boat on the trailer idea too but . . .

I travel around a lot. If you are going to the same launch each time, you get to know the sweet spot.

It's hard to jockey the car and trailer around at various ramps. A good winch makes all the difference because once you have the hook in the bows eye you can crank her right up from "any" positon.

This happens to me too because at most ramps they think everyone owns a truck or SUV and they don't know how to build them right. A decent ramp drops right off. If it doesn't, I have to back my car so far back my rear wheels are in or close to the water. My back wheels start slipping on some of the the algae covered ramps. Decent ramps are built with grids.

Last week I slipped up to my waist (the first time) and up to my neck (the second time) both times within 5 minutes on a ramp, because I was wearing Crocs. I like Crocs for boating, but I found out Crocs don't like ramps!

Had a plastic zip lock for my cell phone in my pocket but of course my phone was not "in the bag". I had replacement insurance, but it still cost me a $50 deductible.

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

But how do some posters get a full size picture in their thread. Some get 3 or 4 pics. Those thumbnails are pretty useless to see any detail when you click on them?
Ahhh. Magic.

Okay. To get the full size pics, we load them the old way, the way we had to to in the last two boards. This latest software is nice, but it does have the picture shortcut, and I hate that, as people use the shortcut, and i have to click to see any picture.
The way we do it is this. Get an account with a picture hosting site (not picturehosting.com - gave me a lot of trouble a while back) Something like photobucket.com is free, and does what you need. Then, upload the pictures from your computer to photobucket. Now copy the image code that is under the picture after having been uploaded. (Use copy and paste from the computer, don't write it down and retype it) Paste it on here, and it will work. Don't hit the image button on here, as it already has the stuff needed for the forum to know it is an image. The real old way is to use the image button on here, and insert the URL (also under the picture on Photobucket) between the opening image code and the closing image code. But, that is a waste, as photobucket already gives you the image code.

This used to be a sticky in the non boating tech, but in the last software change, it has been lost. If my instructions were too unclear, just ask, and I will clarify for ya.

EDIT: the sticky regarding this is still there, but it is not the same as it used to be. You need to read the whole post including replies to fully get it. May as well just read mine. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

photobucket has the opition of thumbnails and full size. clik the box under the pictures, you want, then scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a box that say generate html. clik it. it then will take you to the next page. there 3 section down is thumbnails, 4 section is full size. left clik on which ever you want, the right clik and copy. go back to you thread edit and paste it in.

MVC-049S-1.jpg

i don't get to show tasha off as much as i like.

Expidia

Commander

Thx to both of you for the pic instructions . . .

I just tried Photobucket. I used to use , but seems my old email address does not work anymore. So I went to sign up and now they will only send you a pin # to your cell phone.

I don't think so . . . seems like free is not so free with Photobucket.

For now I have an AOL account an have used it's public gallery site to link pics here.

Are there any other free pic sites that image easily to this forum like Photobucket.com that you might know of in case I cxl AOL someday

Oh ya . . . nice doggy TD!

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Thx to both of you for the pic instructions . . .

I just tried Photobucket. I used to use , but seems my old email address does not work anymore. So I went to sign up and now they will only send you a pin # to your cell phone.

I don't think so . . . seems like free is not so free with Photobucket.

For now I have an AOL account an have used it's public gallery site to link pics here.

Are there any other free pic sites that image easily to this forum like Photobucket.com that you might know of in case I cxl AOL someday

Oh ya . . . nice doggy TD!
Plenty. Snapfish, tinypic. Just do a google search of "picture hosting"

Expidia

Commander

Plenty. Snapfish, tinypic. Just do a google search of "picture hosting"

Thx bassboy . . . I actually got an email saying I was good to go. I think that cell phone business was some type of ad when you sign up for photobucket.

This is a test pic from Photobucket . . . I'm not trying to one up TashasDaddy's dog pic but I took this on the water yesterday and made it my screen saver.

Let's see if your instructions worked for me?

yessss, it worked. BTW "Normie" actually has two ears, but the wind folded one over!

Normyboat.jpg

78big10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

opened a can of worms went from getting boat on trailer to posting pict first try wasnt to bad now if i can get boat on trailer ill be in business